“Home cooked food.”

Ranked #6 of 203 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a lovely family run 'cafe'. Very warm and welcoming staff with a good selection of hot food and salads. Some delicious homemade cakes too.
A real home from home not to be missed for a cosy snack.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We love this place but the food is a tad expensive especially the cake. Cakes are very average but prices are high. Nice setting and relaxing. But please bring your prices down a little. Andrew and Helen from london.

manofekent, Public Relations Manager at Corby's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Andrew and Helen thank you for taking the time to to review the Tea Rooms. We try to keep our prices reasonable and have not put them up for two years in spite of rising costs. Unfortunately this year we had to listen to our accountant who told us that if we wanted to stay in business we had to charge a little more. We hope that you will still enjoy coming to visit us.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

A joy to visit each time i visit Ramsgate, the first place I visit when I step off the coach. Very friendly staff and wonderful service. I have since taken members of my family to the corby's and they all agree that Pat and the gang are just simply wonderful.
Cathy from London

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We visit this lovely, welcoming tea room more or less once a fortnight and we are never disappointed. Every member of staff is friendly, polite and efficient and the food is always very good. My sister is Diabetic, so by the time we have walked all the way from Broadstairs she is in dire need of something to eat and drink to boost her sugar levels and this is one of the main reasons for choosing Corby's Tea Room, we can be assured of swift service and good sized portions!!!
They have a large selection on the menu, all very reasonably priced, so there is something for all tastes and diet requirements. The selection of cakes makes my mouth water and it makes it very hard to resist temptation!! My sister and I heartily recommend the bread pudding, we share a hunk between us if her blood sugar levels are not too high!!!
I took my husband this week, as he had never been there before and he really enjoyed the whole experience, commenting on the friendliness and efficiency of the lovely staff, he really enjoyed his lunch, which included a hunk of the infamous bread Pudding!!!!
As usual, everything was spotlessly clean and we were given a very warm welcome from everyone, it was fairly quiet when we were there, but you can still be assured of the same excellent service even when they are busy. My husband liked the homely decor and the gentle music playing in the background, he said it was a very relaxing atmosphere and he says he looks forward to going back for another meal.
With so many fast food type diners in Ramsgate, it's a refreshing change to find somewhere in the town that still offers good wholesome food at an affordable price, served by warm, friendly and polite staff. We wouldn't go anywhere else!!!! So give it a try, I guarantee you will NOT be disappointed.......just make sure you leave a hunk of bread pudding for us!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Thanet South Trefoil Guild chose Corby's Tearooms for the last of their summer meetings. We were served a delicious cream tea by very friendly staff in pleasant surroundings. We could not have made a better choice.