“Great service and value”
Review of Corby's Tea Rooms

Corby's Tea Rooms
Ranked #6 of 203 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We visited here for a breakfast stop and coffee and cake stop during a weekend in Ramsgate, based on the review and ranking. The staff are incredibly welcoming and the food offers great value for money, but there is far better quality right around the corner at Gerry's or caboose.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

All these other reviews are spot on. We stopped by here to get out of the pouring rain and have a bit of lunch. On opening the door we were immediately made to feel welcome by the gentlemen behind the counter. We had a look through the menu, and made our choices. Myself - a sausage sandwich and a choc milkshake, and my friend, a cream tea, and a mail meal choice of Sausage pie. The food arrived very quickly, and was top notch. The milkshake was nice and thick and was so nice, I ordered another, and a portion of chocolate ice cream to go with it.

When the food was bought it was totally clear that it was all homemade, not like the pre packed stuff you get from chain establishments, and the prices were still reasonable. A rare thing these days.

I particularly enjoyed the choice of music playing in the background which made it all the better.

If you are around Ramsgate, look for this little place, its just opposite Wilkinsons. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

These tea Rooms are excelent - family run, friendly, clean and good value. We regularly have coffee there several times a week and have eaten lunch there and never been disappointed. The food is freshly cooked and of high quality. CoffeeL's negative review is to be disregarded in my opinion. We look forward to our coffee and chats with the Corbys and totally recommend the Tea Rooms.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We moved to ramsgate about 8 years ago.my My aunt first took us to the cafe, and we have been going there every week, since( apart from holidays away).This cafe in our opinion,is OUTSTANDING.Clean and tidy and very important clean toilets.The staff are always friendly, pleasent, helpful.The food is cooked to perfection and very well presented,even cheese on toast has a side salad.My mum also comes with us and loves her cuppucino,plus the strawberry milkshake,shes 85.I do recommend the hot chocolate with the "works",out of this world!!!! also recommend their cakes too, yummy!!!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I think Im known now by the owner as the guy who always orders smoked salmon salad and a pot of tea. I stumbled across this place in the late 90s/early 2000s (could be 01 I think) back then I was only in my early teens and I went in with my mum and since then we always go in there for something to eat if we are in Ramsgate town. Its a great all rounder and quite quirky and not really the norm. The art pics of the town are lovely to look at too, the 1920s music seems to be stuck on a loop but I've grown to hack it. Overall if your an out of towner or a local who hasn't been here I'd recommend it as a great place to go for either a snack or a meal. I really really recommend the smoked salmon salad! mmmmm!