“Quick and very tasty vegetarian lunch. Professional, pleasant staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #100 of 194 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
kent
“Quick and very tasty vegetarian lunch. Professional, pleasant staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have been to many Indian type restaurants both here and India. This restaurant was a nice surprise.

We asked for lunchtime menu, which the didn't do, but the owner said he'd do us a small vegetarian lunch where we could be in and out in an hour.

Generally, I go to London for authentic flavours but if you like your food freshly cooked with authentic flavours, whether you eat meat, vegetables or fish, there is a good range of dishes. As it was a very hot lunchtime, we opted for a veg biryani, Niramish a veg curry, 2 rotis, cup of tea, price about £14.00 for the whole meal.

The owner was pleasant and chatty, we spoke to him about food and India. Staff were professional and service was quick considering it was all cooked from fresh.
We will definitely go back one evening another time.

The restaurant is modern and well lit and clean. If I had to be critical I would say I would love to see a few Indian prints on the wall; peacocks, elephants etc but that is my personal preference and I do love a bit of Bollywood music in the background, gets you in the mood. I will update this when I have had an evening meal here in the near future. There is a lot of competition around, but the food, good service and convenience in central Ramsgate gives this restaurant the thumbs up. Open for lunch, dinner and takeaway, can't wait until next visit to eat a bigger meal.

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Saturday pre-Batman lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Had lunch here with two brothers and a cousin, and everyone was impressed, fresh popadums, great starters, tasty main course. My oldest brother does not usually eat Indian food, but he loved his tandoori salad starter.

I had the king prawn puri which is substantial but so tasty. The lamb balti as ever was fresh, and their coconut rice expertly done every made.
The decor, especially the pictures of Ramsgate harbour strike just the right note as they are not what you expect to see in an Indian restaurant! The rest of the decor is clean and contemporary, adding to the modern image.

Staff here are very professional and are clearly well trained in food service and practices. My regular 'Indian' from now on.

Nick Love.

• Visited July 2012
“Lack of flavour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Ordered a take away was sadly dissappointed I have enjoyed much better food from this group of restaurants it lacked flavour very disappointed

2 Thank Oneboss
Ramsgate,|Kent
“Fantastic food & service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Popped into the restaurant with a friend last night for the very first time. Very warm welcome from both members of staff and the decor of the restaurant is lovely. Service was very fast and the food was amazing. Will definetly be going back.;

• Visited April 2012
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Inexcusable comments by staff member.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

We were having a very good evening with friends until one member of the staff asked us about our nacionalities and he said that people from one of my friend's country of origin do not like people with this skin color (pointing his own skin). We were all speachless and my friends in particular felt aggrieved. I asked him if he had ever been in that country and the answer was "not". Very unfortunate comments. As per the food, nothing special really.

• Visited April 2012