“Good honest food”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I'd always steered away from here but a friend recommended we tried the Sunday lunch. We took the plunge and am pleased that we did. The food was good and plentiful and the huge and I mean huge, range of Belgian beers was astounding. On the down side, we went on Father's Day and the service was absolutely dreadful, we ordered apple pie, 30 mins later and after several requests we received lemon meringue and the waitress insisted that it was apple pie? we will try again on a quieter Sunday as the food and atmosphere more than made up for the terrible staff.

1  Thank rovingsteve

Reviewed July 6, 2014

sunday 6 july.2014

Could not believe the whole drama. My darling wife and myself thought lets go and eat what looked like a cracking menu. oh what a bad idea. we ordered whitebaIt starter, it was ok and acceptable but not over special as you would expect from a pub.
Now the story begins. My wife had beef and oyster pie with LOCAL GREEN VEG AND MASH. Christine was served the pie burnt on top WITH mash and ORANGE MASH. No green veg in sight. When we complained the chef said the GREEN VEG WAS IN THE ORANGE MASH.

CHAPTER 2

I asked for steak medium rare. It came WELL cooked, just under medium black. as you can imagine I complained. the manager. She was extremely rude and demanded i pay for the starter. I asked to speak to the chef / stroke cook but he or she declined. I then tried to express that i really didnt want to pay for a starter in one boozer and then order a main meal in another pub/eatery. she was doing her stuff and then a customer got himself involved hurling abuse.

i have to say i did lose it a bit but paid for the drinks and GAVE THE WAITRESS WHO SERVED US A TIP.

CHAPTER 2

when i went outside i had the mouthy manager and the twatty customer giving verbal
THE BELGIAN BAR IS CRAP.

6  Thank brenden h
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am sitting in bar eating special of day with a cold beer.
The relaxed atmosphere and un hurried way the bar makes you feel is an oasis in a very busy market day in Ramsgate.They are also the only internet cafe.
Go along if you want no frills good food and relaxation

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This place is known for its "Beer Bible" with HUGE selection of different ales/lagers and all sort of fruit brews so after a long walk around Ramsgate decided to pop in for a pint and a snack. The food menu was good with some specials on the board, so there was something to choose from even if you are a fussy eater.
This places looked worn out and a bit "all over the place" in side, so didnt expect my meal to be anything special, but I was pleasantly surprised, it was cooked to perfection and tasted really nice.
I would strongly recommend this place if you are into trying different beers with a nicely prepared meal.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Went on May 21 with my daughter before school as a treat, Originally was going to go elsewhere but we were a bit behind schedule and parked near the Belgian Cafe. I was pleasantly surprised.

A good welcome from a young female who was friendly and efficient.

Service was good especially as they had been invaded by loads of loads of workers.

Food was good. Full breakfast which was generous and delivered by the Chef,

Will return.