“Dark and sticky”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A former meeting place with friends but we don't go here anymore. The prices are high, it smells a bit, and you stick to everything you touch, as though nothing is ever properly cleaned. If you're looking for a quirky pub that sells good ales, visit the Queen Charlotte on ther West Cliff instead.

2  Thank PlanetLondoner

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We came here with our two young children for lunch. Easy, relaxed, child-friendly place. Food was fine. Dad loved the Belgian beers. So we came back the next day too. Good stuff.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I hav never visited the Belgian Café at breakfast, but I don't recognise the recent reviewer's description of "dreadful". I have always found the staff friendly and helpful and I'm very fond of the place. It is characterful and has a authentic Belgian style, as well as great food and a bewildering international array of beers. I urge people not to be put off by one reviewer's unfortunate experience - this really is a place worth getting to know

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Four of us went there for breakfast this morning .... the whole ordeal took 90 minutes. The grumpy waitress served our meals one at a time every 15 minutes - wont be going back EVER !!

2  Thank clpas
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We absolutely love coming here - there is nothing special about this place. The owner/manager appears to be rude but actually he is just a bit eccentric. The place is never spic 'n span but we love the atmosphere. The food is good wholesome food but hit and miss - mostly it is good but occasionally it's a bit tasteless. The beer is really nice. I honestly can't put my finger on any specific reason why we are drawn to this place. It must be the ambiance or something.

I think the only reason you would find for wanting to come here is for you to experience it first hand.