“Just perfect”

Belle Vue Tavern
Ranked #36 of 199 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cliff top Shepherd Neame Tenanted Pub with large patio overlooking Pegwell Bay. Reservations are strongly recommended as this establishment gets extremely busy, especially during the Summer months
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Just perfect”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Booked a lunch for my great aunt, grandmother and myself. We had a mixed bunch of expectations but we all agreed it was a delight. Lovely menu, good pint and when we moved to the beer garden well, it was just lovely. Staff were very helpful and polite when my grandmother was demanding. Just wanted to say thank you and was pleased with the total cost.

Visited June 2014

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Saturday Evening Visit for a bite to eat”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We are regular local residents and will not visit here again. I also know that other friends and family have had similar experiences. I was disgusted and disappointed to turn up at a pub on a Saturday night that supposedly serves food and drink. My husband and I only wanted something easy to eat - burger or scampi. We were told by the rude barman - no food. When I went into the garden, it was full of people who had come out for a Saturday evening saying the same thing, including people from the caravan park next door and local residents.

If this pub cannot cater for dishing up food as well as alcohol, this should clearly be stated. At the time of our visit, there was no one else sat in the pub area eating and only a few people upstairs in the restaurant- but plenty in the garden wanting food??!! I was told we have served food since 12.00 - my answer was that they should publicise food times (like the better pub next door), or cover day and evening requirements, that surely increase the Shepherd and Neame takings as a business? I would like to point out this situation has happened to us so many times now and we will not return and certainly will not recommend it to friends and family.

Well done to the Thorley pub next door The Sir Stanley Grey and Pegwell Bay Hotel - who gladly wanted our custom and made us fee very welcome and found us a table of two with a lovely view and good quality food- thank you, you cater for the customer and we will come here each time we walk out now rather than visit somewhere that makes it up as they go along. The Stanley Grey has clearly publicised food times so people know when they can get a bite to eat- well done Thorleys.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Deborah P
Fulham1968, Owner at Belle Vue Tavern, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
I am sorry that you were not able to have food served to you on your visit.
Our Restaurant is extremely busy and is almost always certainly fully booked on a Saturday evening, especially in the summer. If you have visited many times before and the same thing has happened I cannot understand why you have not booked in advance of your visit to save disappointment.

You are wrong in your assumption that our Restaurant was not busy on the evening of your visit, we were in fact fully booked. It is only fair that our customer who book a table are given the service that they have come to expect. It is always with regret that we have to close food to 'walk-in' business, but like similar establishments were demand frequently outstrips supply we have to do this from time to time.

Just for your information, The Belle Vue Tavern is a Shepherd Neame tenancy and the business is owned and operated independently of them.
North Cyprus
“Birthday lunch”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We booked here for a birthday lunch, 5 adults, 2 teenagers and 5 under 7's. We were given a table upstairs, next to the window, overlooking the sea. I think all of the children had beefburgers which they said were very good. There were also steaks and mussels, all reportedly very good. My son and I chose the duck comfit which unfortunately we both agreed was tasteless. Such a shame and yes we did tell them about the duck when we paid the bill and were told "we will tell the chef". We hadn't been asked when our plates were cleared.

We asked if they supplied birthday cakes or were we able to take our own and they agreed we could take our own, which I thought was very good.

It's a nice location looking out over the sea and the previous week we had called in for lunch which was perfect. Just a pity about the duck!!

• Visited May 2014
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“A pub with a view...”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A Monday evening....21 degrees in April, lets go to the Belle vue tavern.....sat in the garden, a glass of wine in hand, red for the boss, white for me....its 18.00 hrs, sun is good. Ordered our food sat back and chilled with views over the Bay, Deal in the distance....Sipped the wine while chatting and taking in the feel of this old Inn.........food served up, and of great quality.
Was it nice....I should say so....another glass of wine, chatting in the evening sun.....So glad we paid a visit, a gem of a place.....Cheers.

• Visited April 2014
kent
“Off the beaten track but worth a visit”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is not a place that you would find unless someone reccomended it.At Pegwell Bay near to the old Hoverport.it has magnificent sea views from the rear of the bar/restaurantThis was our third visit and although I reserved four weeks before,the downstairs table I wanted was already reserved.The place is popular the service friendly and quick.The choice of food quite good and generous portions.Plenty of parking opposite.Well worth a visit.Good place for Sunday lunch.

• Visited March 2014