“Hidden Gem”

Belle Vue Tavern
Ranked #31 of 203 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cliff top Shepherd Neame Tenanted Pub with large patio overlooking Pegwell Bay. Reservations are strongly recommended as this establishment gets extremely busy, especially during the Summer months
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Whenever we are in the Thanet area my husband & I always treat ourselves to lunch at The Belle Vue. The bar snacks are varied & plentiful.The staff are always welcoming & efficient, even when it's busy. In the winter there is a log fire burning which is so cosy. In the summer there's no better place to while away an hour two out on the terrace overlooking Pegwell Bay.
The attention to detail inside the Tavern is super. Fresh flowers always adorn the place even in the ladies toilets! Definately try this little gem for yourselves.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Excellent Public house. Staff very pleasant. Service excellent. Food very nice.
The views are excellent looking out to sea &a very nice patio area for eating as well.
Toilets top class very clean & very well serviced.

1  Thank ChrisG47-12
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have been to the Bellevue on several occasions, it just gets better and better, the staff are attentive, smiley and very courteous and the landlord is like a whirlwind ensuring everything is first class. As you can tell by his dress sense the decor and lovely homely yet classy touches to the pub are made by his wife landlady Shirley. Excellent atmosphere and surroundings.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have eaten here before and remarked how good the food was for a busy lunchtime. I looked forward to coming back and I was not disappointed. After a long car journey we were parched and hungry. A couple of pints of Hurlimanns and an excellent, tender, moist rump steak later we felt at peace with the world. I cleared my plate, which is not a usual thing with me and my better half, who so often lucks out with the gristly steak was delighted and said best steak ever! I am not the sort to give unearned praise but I am happy to recommend Tony, Shirley and staff for their friendly manner, well run bar and restaurant and delightful location. We'll be back soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a very nice, tasty meal last night.Freshly cooked, wonderfully presented.The staff were attentive and service good.will definitely visit again