“Planning a Revisit”
Review of Patogh - CLOSED

Patogh
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Dartford, United Kingdom
“Planning a Revisit”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just thought I would write a review, as so pleased when I came back to Thanet, That it was still a Thriving lovely Restuarant. There was only so much that my friend and I could eat in 1 day. I have eaten in Patogh Restuarant with my friends many times, This is definitely on my list for our next visit in a few weeks. Persian food at its best. English and all manner of other goodies. You can have tasters and sampling or mixed dishes so you can taste what is on offer on various days.

The owners were lovely, welcoming,always a lovely atmosphere with special themed evenings, Breakfast and Lunch, or just a coffee. Thinking I need a week back in Ramsgate and surrounding areas, just to go back and visit all my special places. This was one of my favourites.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Prothesia

“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visited after reading reviews but was let down on all aspects of food
No difference in food from other less pricey middle eastern restaurants

• Visited September 2013
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Friendly, helpful and enthusiastic waitress made our evening a total pleasure. The food is very gently flavoured and perfectly cooked. Portion sizes are just right. Lovely coffee too.

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Persian perfection”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was my first ever experience of Persian food, having been past this place countless times. The restaurant itself is really nice and welcoming, the staff friendly and helpful and the food amazing.

Our starter was a mixture of lots of little dishes for sharing, and everything was absolutely delicious. A confirmed carnivore, I have to admit that my favourites were the aubergine and the spinach!

I could not begin to say what we had for our main course but it was also a selection of fabulously tasty dishes to share, with a large helping of the most gorgeous rice I've ever had.

Having eaten myself pretty much to a standstill, I hesitated for about a millisecond when offered dessert, then decided to share one portion of baklava, which was incredibly sweet and wonderful!

This is definitely a place to try if you enjoy something a little different.

“PERSIAN DELIGHT”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a wonderful evening meal here on 02/08/2013. The welcome was warm and friendly & the service was very polite and efficient. We thought the meals were really delicious. Fragrant, delicately spiced and beautifully presented. We had a shared starter of mixed mezze, marinated olives, mashed aubergines, spinach and yoghurt and Bulgar wheat with mixed ingredients. Persian flat bread...delicious. For the mains we both enjoyed lamb dishes, one in a very dark, strong sauce with red kidney beans and one in a rich tomato sauce. The accompanying rice dishes were basmati with broad beans and basmati with cooked dates and raisins. We had a side dish of extra veg & persian bread. All piping hot, fresh & really delicious. The deserts............Well!! Try the pistachio ice cream with the home-made Persian toffee biscuit, it is so tasty. Finished off with a pot of Persian tea and an assortment of traditional sweeties/biscuits. The whole meal was so delicious, we loved it. We were really full up at the end & we are greedy normally! The staff, Father and son were so warm and welcoming. We are very picky foodies and can find fault with restaurants quite quickly.......but not here. Excellent!! Give it a try if you enjoy rich tasty food with a middle eastern flavour. There is a good selection of alcoholic drinks too. The value for money is excellent. Try it, you will not be disappointed. We will be back.