“A very enjoyable dining-out experience”

Alexandra Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #30 of 196 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Alexandra Ristorante Italiano, Pizza, Pasta, Vino established since 1987, overlooking the picturesque Royal Harbour Ramsgate and Yacht Marina, the only Royal Harbour in the United Kingdom. We are the only Italian restaurant with Italian origin in Ramsgate and offering a wide choice authentic Italian pizza and pasta including locally sourced meat, fish and vegetarian specialities. Free on the road parking after 6.00pm and 24hr Pay & Display public car park. Easy access for disables, everything is on the ground floor.
London UK
“A very enjoyable dining-out experience”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

On our last night in Ramsgate we ate at the Alexandra Ristorante Italiano. My son and daughter-in-law had eaten here two years previously and had been saving it for our last dinner. Guided by TripAdvisor I ordered the cannelloni, which was excellent, but somewhat small. We do not normally have a starter, as we wish to save room for a pudding, but in this case, this was ill-advised, as my son, was also had the cannelloni thought too. However, my daughter-in-law who had ordered the seafood platter did have a much larger plateful! She had the chocolate pannacotta, which I also tried. I had the tiramisu, which was a delight, as was hers. The food is authentic Italian and delicious. We had a very good table and the young waiter gave us excellent service. The bill was a reasonable price for the quality of the restaurant. My only slight reservation would be that if I was really hungry I would probably choose the 66 Restaurant next door!

“Best Italian ever”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner come here at least once a week and the quality of the food never ceases to amaze, we have eaten in countless Italian restaurants and none of them come remotely close to this place, my partner is a very extrovert and outspoken character but every week I watch as the food renders him speechless. Truly as authentic as it comes!!

• Visited July 2013
Staplehurst, United Kingdom
“Brilliant cooking”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Admittedly we both had the same meal and a small one at that as we were eating out that evening. It was to be a light lunchtime meal so we shared olives and garlic bread as a starter and followed with the prawn and scallop skewer (a starter) with the mozzarella, orange and pea shoot salad (also a starter). Amazing. The mozzarella was fantastic, creamy and soft and the combined dishes were as good as a top London restaurant could produce. To finish, coffee nibbles (Italian biscuit selection) and cappuccino. We sat outside and with a bottle of wine it was still under £60.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“nothing to write home about”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Visited while staying with friends in the area and had checked reviews beforehand. Not an impressive start. Lots of grumpy glances from the lady in the restaurant who was quick to swipe wine glasses from the table before we had even sat down. Our drinks orders were forgotten and the waiter reprimanded in front of us. Garlic bread starter was a pizza base with grated chunks of raw garlic. Spaghetti Bolognaise main course in tiny bowl and not tasty. Canelloni was quite nice although have had ready meals from Sainsbury's that were bigger in size and just as nice. After the main meal the service improved and the lady smiled at us and took an interest in us. The tiramisu pudding was simply delicious

1 Thank samantha a
“An absolute pleasure!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I love Italian food and this didn't fall short of fantastic. I ordered a lasagne and my friend ordered an antipasti as a main. Lasagne-the meat was locally sourced and free range. A healthy size and very very tasty. My friend's antipasti was aubergene, artichoke and red pepper, slightly pickled and roasted-deeeeeeelicious. All served on nice hot plates. My glass of white wine was perfectly cold and refreshing. My friend's spritzer according to her was cold and refreshing. The service was by a lovely lady who may be the owner. The place is tastefully decorated, clean with a delightful ambience. The espresso was also the perfect strength.The price was so reasonable. All in all-we know this is going to be a favourite of ours.