“A delight”

Alexandra Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #27 of 195 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Alexandra Ristorante Italiano, Pizza, Pasta, Vino established since 1987, overlooking the picturesque Royal Harbour Ramsgate and Yacht Marina, the only Royal Harbour in the United Kingdom. We are the only Italian restaurant with Italian origin in Ramsgate and offering a wide choice authentic Italian pizza and pasta including locally sourced meat, fish and vegetarian specialities. Free on the road parking after 6.00pm and 24hr Pay & Display public car park. Easy access for disables, everything is on the ground floor.
Dublin
“A delight”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Incredible. One of the best Italians I have ever eaten. Simple delicious authentic food and really great service.

kent
“Lovely meal, great place, would have given perfect except for small problems”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I previously visited the restaurant to find a nice place to eat for a small group. As me and my partner enjoyed our lunch visit we booked there and then over a week in advance for my mum's birthday. I asked if we could gave a particular table for 6/7.

As it was going to be on a Monday evening, Maria said okay. It was my mum's 70th, I had mentioned that.

We arrived at 7.30 pm, was shown another smaller table as 2 of our guests were ill. Unfortunately the table was by the stairs and there was another table of guests behind us, bur a really empty restaurant. We sat down, but were very cramped and as I wanted it to be special and my mum to feel comfortable I went to speak to Maria about the original table I booked. There was nobody there so I asked if we could move, she said okay but it was for a larger number and the one she put us in was for 5, however 3 people came in after and sat there.

Anyway we all moved table, to the table we booked. After that niggle, we had a very lovely meal, food excellent, the waiter was great and very happy. Everyone in the party enjoyed the lovely freshly cooked food, ribs, fish, pasta, pizza, salads, good wine, lovely liquor coffee, pavlova, tiramasu and ice creams. If you love Italian food and good cuisine, you will not be disappointed.

When it came to the bill, unfortunately another slip up, my partner went to pay and my daughter noticed we had been overcharged by £8.00. We waited for another 10 minutes to sort it out, a bit disruptive to the nearby table who were seated on our previous table even though there were many tables vacant. Maria kindly refunded the overcharge. We left a tip because food was perfect. We also gave a tip to the waiter

Positives: I loved the food, the restaurant is clean and bright, staff are not at all forcing alcohol on you which is a good thing.

Minus: upset the atmosphere at beginning having to sort out a table that we'd arranged for the birthday. Being overcharged.

We would come again because we loved the food, we were just unlucky with a few thing, but we won't let it put us off as there are many good aspects and overall we had a good evening and Mum enjoyed the food!
The building is very pretty and you can have a pleasant stroll afterwards.
Evening was really lovely, would have given excellent if everything had been so

1 Thank sparkyKent
uk kent
“Great Location and service”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I love this place the july sun shone we sat outside real cafe culture .The food is very reasonable and home prepared .I do not understand why people go to national chains and pay more for freezer food.The pizza'a are fantastic and the pasta dishes all home made and very tasty.The inside is a gem and a great place to eat whatever the weather and as it is in a prime seafront loactaion .This really is a must try !!!

“Superb”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've eaten here twice and both times were superb, I cannot find fault in the food atmosphere or service. The food is perfection, for the last year and a half renovation was needed on the grade 2 listed building but now the scaffolding has been taken down it is easily the most beautiful and picturesque building on our royal harbour with sensational views, I visited for the first time during the work and was very pleased I didn't let that stop me. Always check the specials but the starters were intense my boyfriend had the ribs and I had the vegetables the artichoke heart was incredible- and I never thought I would say that. My favourite restaurant by far. Such friendly service, the sauces marinades and the panna cotta!! The sun trap of their terrace, luxury in every bite and now they accept a taste card I will be back again and again.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Cooked by a Master”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our second visit to Ramsgate would not have been complete without at least 3 visits to Alexandra's. The food is absolutely superb. Maria and Luciano don't constantly go on about best quality, sourced locally or cooked with love, to them that is normal as they know no other way! The Mediterranean Cod loin and the seafood Risotto are simply divine and the chocolate panna cotta is like being kissed by an angel. Many thanks Maria and Luciano we will see you next year!

Visited May 2013