“Changes Are Needed”

Alexandra Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #26 of 203 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Alexandra Ristorante Italiano, Pizza, Pasta, Vino established since 1987, overlooking the picturesque Royal Harbour Ramsgate and Yacht Marina, the only Royal Harbour in the United Kingdom. We are the only Italian restaurant with Italian origin in Ramsgate and offering a wide choice authentic Italian pizza and pasta including locally sourced meat, fish and vegetarian specialities. Free on the road parking after 6.00pm and 24hr Pay & Display public car park. Easy access for disables, everything is on the ground floor.
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I went to Alexandras two days ago.... :/
The food was amazing but the size could have been bigger and I thought it was very picky of them to charge me an extra £1.00 because I asked for some garlic on my pizza.
Every 5 minutes Maria kept coming over and moving my glass and plates around, Maria also had a waitress that wasn't needed.Although she let herself down, Maria was very lovely and had a very welcoming smile :) The Room seriously lacked atmosphere! The Outside of the building needs a paint in a new bright colourThe room was colourless I can understand why they chose the white paint but when there is no one in there, it looks dull, the room needed brightening up, it looked dull and boring; for some reason there was a TV behind my seat and it was so unecessary and it was broken!!
I would only ever go again on a hot day so I could sit outside away from the dullness!!

1  Thank LibertyVPHearne

Reviewed July 2, 2011

"2nd visit to this wonderfull restaurant and even better than the first.service by the lovely Maria is different but nice the food is brilliant.If anyone gives a bad review they have no taste.

5  Thank jeffersFolkestone
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Saturday evening 8:15 long wait for wine, no bread or bread sticks as in any other Italian. 2 cold starters ordered 1 pizza 1 pasta dish. One hour later the starters, no apologies !! Not that busy maybe 7 tables occupied, so no excuses, would not go back.

1  Thank bifron
Reviewed June 15, 2011

First people in the restaurant but quickly started filling up.

Greeted by the chef and shown to a table. The menu definitely delivered, the food was fantastic. I had the Sea bass Ravioli although i did find the sauce a little heavy but that is my personal taste. The last time i went here was 20 years ago! The food has always been good but it has struggled to keep up with the trendy wine bars, I hope that people see that the food speaks for itself and i wish them every success.

4  Thank coz500
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We visit the Alexandra frequently and have always had a very enjoyable time. The food is excellent, with a great menu. Whenever we visit we are greeted with a smile and are always looked after very well. we would highly recommend the Alexandra to anyone who enjoys good food and a relaxed atmosphere with the added bonus of overlooking a lovely harbour.

6  Thank mike1795