“good food, very poor service.”

Alexandra Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #29 of 203 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Alexandra Ristorante Italiano, Pizza, Pasta, Vino established since 1987, overlooking the picturesque Royal Harbour Ramsgate and Yacht Marina, the only Royal Harbour in the United Kingdom. We are the only Italian restaurant with Italian origin in Ramsgate and offering a wide choice authentic Italian pizza and pasta including locally sourced meat, fish and vegetarian specialities. Free on the road parking after 6.00pm and 24hr Pay & Display public car park. Easy access for disables, everything is on the ground floor.
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Saturday evening 8:15 long wait for wine, no bread or bread sticks as in any other Italian. 2 cold starters ordered 1 pizza 1 pasta dish. One hour later the starters, no apologies !! Not that busy maybe 7 tables occupied, so no excuses, would not go back.

1  Thank bifron

Reviewed June 15, 2011

First people in the restaurant but quickly started filling up.

Greeted by the chef and shown to a table. The menu definitely delivered, the food was fantastic. I had the Sea bass Ravioli although i did find the sauce a little heavy but that is my personal taste. The last time i went here was 20 years ago! The food has always been good but it has struggled to keep up with the trendy wine bars, I hope that people see that the food speaks for itself and i wish them every success.

4  Thank coz500
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We visit the Alexandra frequently and have always had a very enjoyable time. The food is excellent, with a great menu. Whenever we visit we are greeted with a smile and are always looked after very well. we would highly recommend the Alexandra to anyone who enjoys good food and a relaxed atmosphere with the added bonus of overlooking a lovely harbour.

6  Thank mike1795
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I had seen this restaurant featured on The Restaurant Inspector and travelled from London to sample the delights.
There were several customers sitting on the outside terrace in the sunshine so I was fine about sitting at a table; not too keen about going in an empty restaurant, pity about the scaffolding but shows care and attention to the building, and what an attractive frontage.
Maria welcomed me and was attentive throughout, asking if I wanted more wine, which is a gesture always appreciated!
The sardines starter was fine but with too much butter; the menu did say butter so I should have asked for none. The seafood risotto was really delicious and generous, followed by John or Paul's scrumptious chocolate desert, very rich, recommended if not counting the calories.
The menu had a good choice of dishes at competitive prices, although it would have been a nice gesture if the olives and garlic bread offered at the start were complementary.
I had a look inside and the atmosphere really lovely and very Italian.
The best located restaurant I am sure and I was made to feel welcome, so would recommend it and good luck to the family, so much better than eating in a well known chain name.

6  Thank christaylorq
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Family run business. Maria somehow manages to meet, greet and take orders. The day we were there specials included local seabass, clams, skewered chilli prawns, and seabream.
We tried chicken and spinach stuffed canelloni and a tagliatelli ortolana. as it was lunch, we were steered to a chilled rose which was lovely. Hadnt intended having puddng but was persuaded into gelato . . yum! Oh portion sizes very generous.

5  Thank tabithacat