“Food Spoiled By Uninterested Staff”
Review of Age & Sons - CLOSED

Age & Sons
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Food Spoiled By Uninterested Staff”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Wanted a nice establishment to have light lunch and having been to Age & Sons a couple of years ago for an excellent dinner decided that it was time to go back.

Asked the staff if I could just have a light lunch and she seemed a little put out and said they had a set lunch menu and picked up the printed sheet. I asked if I could just have a starter from it. Again, not good attitude, but said yes and showed me to a table at the far end of the ground floor dining area - felt unwelcome.

Gave my food and drinks order and felt more unwelcome. No smiles, no eye contact, no thanks.....

Work tops opposite me had empty beer bottles, dirty glasses, bread board with crusts on, dish cloths and/or tea towels - nice view, not.

Food arrived and had to ask for cutlery from the other waitress who apologised.

Two waitresses were obviously unhappy in their job, one of them provided poor service and both were inappropriately dressed for food service.

To end on a high, the food was perfectly cooked and delicious!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Gillian T

“Local restaurant”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Age & sons is a local restaurant eaten here a few times. Local produce. The food the atmosphere are first class. Had a cocktail in the bar which was delicious. On every visit we have been treated well.

Visited August 2014
Manot, France
“Good ...but very salty burger”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We chanced upon this place in the early evening and chose to eat in the upstairs restaurant. We both, unusually, went for the burger, which was very tasty, but heavily laced with salt. I asked the waitress if she would check with the chef why he was so heavy handed with the salt, but we didn't get a response! A bit pricey, but a nice environment in the back streets of Ramsgate.

• Visited July 2014
“Best (English) Breakfast I've had”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The only limitation I can apply is that it can't compare to a beach bar on the Indian ocean with lapping waves and a bit of spice...but in the UK...this is the best breakfast I have had (including my own) good quality ingredients and plenty without over phasing. But keep this bit secret it's also a bargain!

• Visited July 2014
yorkshire
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I always feel bad when I write a poor review - particularly when I like the place:(

Age and sons was always a bit hit and miss but went through a revival late last year with a great lunch time menu, two others and some great special offers.

We returned in June this year and the lunch time menu has bitten the dust as has the mid price menu. So unless you don't mind a VERY expensive lunch this is not the place for you.

We spoke with different staff on different days and you just get the feeling they are playing at it, there is a lack of care about the customer.

Such a shame.