Tripadvisor
Ramsgate
All reviews front door key beautiful square dutch painter pleasantly surprised by our room sandy beach guest house sea view balcony room guest lounge town centre budget hotel breakfast was delicious clean towels location is fantastic nice stay specifications edwardian
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020

The manager was friendly upon us checking in and showed us to our rooms. We paid £55 for a double room and £45 for a single; this is a budget hotel which is a little dated but on the whole our room was comfortable if a little too warm (we were advised to open a window).

Our friend had an issue with the lock on her door and once we had called the manager he arrived within 30 minutes to fix the door; he allowed our friend to move into our double room as she was unsure that the door would be fixed and wanted to feel safe. The manager did indeed fix the door but appreciated our friend wanted to be with us and gave her a discount on her room. We were impressed with his attentiveness and willingness to fix the problem.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel on a budget, Spencer Court is a good choice. My only complaint was that it lacked cleanliness in places (the hotel have assured me they are making improvements) and could be improved by a little more attention to detail in terms of upgrading decor.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2019

A very enjoyable stay on 14th Dec.A quaint B&B located in a quiet and beautiful square. Cannot understand any negative reviews for this place as it is excellent value for money and run by a very nice chap - Gary. Our room was bright and airy with a balcony overlooking the square and a very nice bathroom. OK, this is not a 5 star hotel and doesn't pretend to be but we got a room for £55 with a full english breakfast (excellent by the way) for 2, which I believe is amazing value. We were lucky enough to find a free parking space just outside but I would suggest looking up the cheap car parks nearby before you arrive as the space was very limited. Would I stay again? Absolutely, and looking at going back in April. I would always prefer to give my money to the smaller business rather than the big chains/hotels and it is clear Spencer Court is trying to offer good accomodation at a very resonable price so definately deserve credit for that!

Reviewed December 7, 2019

My girlfriend and I were looking for a budget hotel in the area and this affordable bed and breakfast certainly lived up to expectation. I would certainly recommend it to those who want extra money in their pockets to spend and are not expecting a 5 star accommodation on the cheap!

The Staff were polite and the full breakfast was delicious and freshly prepared and plentiful. There is a feeling of homeliness about the Guest House. Sitting in the Guest lounge with the fire place lit certainly made us feel welcome.

Our room was freshly painted all white with a new en-suite so I cant complain.

Overall we left after a 2 day stay happy.

Reviewed November 6, 2019

An unusual B & B, for starters you have your own front door key!, Very private family run English Guest House, here is an almost unnoticeable mid-terrace property in a Grand Edwardian Square which boast of the accomplished impressionist Dutch Painter Van Gogh as a former resident in the square.

The accommodation is dated but on offer is crisp white linen and towels, tea and coffee in the rooms and a TV and hair dryer (to the joy of my Miss!). If you are lucky like I was, you would have a room with direct scenic view of the harbour coastline and the tennis court bang in the middle of the square. Parking is hit and miss, as there is free public parking around the square subject to availability. We managed to get parking space right in front of the hotel and our room which had a balcony. The sandy beach and harbour was barely 10 minutes walk on a lazy sunny day.

There is an accomplished breakfast chef who serves a sumptuous breakfast fit for a Merchant Seaman and the breakfast alone is worth the trip.

For those who want individuality and an affordable budget accommodation, this is it!

Room tip: Room 4 has sea view
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

Cosy and quite little hotel very much enjoyed my self there lovely town and lovely little hotel just a short walk from town and the harbour and one of the largest weatherspoons I have come across well worth a trip down

Date of stay: October 2019