Spencer Court Hotel
$88
$75
$56
$100
Royal Harbour Hotel(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$88
$79
  • Breakfast included
$117
  • Breakfast included
The Falstaff, Ramsgate(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$121
$118
Royal Temple Yacht Club(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Bar/Lounge
The Oak Hotel(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Beachfront
Pegwell Bay Hotel(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$103
Travelodge Ramsgate Seafront(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
$56
Travelodge
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights recently and the experience is mixed. The location is great and very quiet at night. The host was friendly at the beginning and offered to bring my luggage in but she was sometimes unsympathetic and impatient. Our room looked cozy with traditional deco but the toilet smelt and did not flush well. The cooked breakfast was cold and Luke warm at best, and the fruit salad tasted stale. I found the price at £70 prpn is a bit too much for what they offer.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Unfortunately our stay at the Spencer Court wasn't quite what we'd hoped for!
We made a booking for three adults to share a Family room, which was advertised as having a sea view, when it was instead facing the opposite direction, overlooking a shabby roof space, also the room was advertised as having 3 beds, when in reality it had a double and a small cot that had been crammed in beside the bed.
The shower/toilet room was absolutely tiny and emitted a sewage smell.
On top of this the host appeared to resent having to make us breakfast.
It's a shame, our friends were in another room which looked quite nice, I just think if the descriptions were more accurate (and the price better reflected them) it could prevent such disappointment.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2012

After arriving at the Spencer Court Hotel we were pleasantly surprised by our room, which had lovely french windows over the square outside. Dispite the frosty reception from our cold and seemingly irritated host we remained up beat about the place. Having cycled all day, we just needed a shower and a place to sleep and a good hearty breakfast to set us up for the next days riding. The shower room was a strange pink plastic cabinet at the side of the room which was unclean. The shower was barely functional, dribbling out warm water from a gas fired individual boiler unit. For £70 a night, a clean and functional shower is a minimum requirement I would say. We talked to our host about where we might be able to eat that night, she seemed completely disinterested and seemed to lack any local knowledge at all. I have to say the bed was comfortable and we slept well. The breakfast was the worst I've seen. Annoyed by our arrival in the breakfast dungeon at 8.45, our host began throwing toast and butter at us, curtly and brusquely taking our orders. Everything was of the lowest possible quality, it really was foul. To top the experience off, when I decided the cooked breakfast wasn't really for me, I found an already opened, mouldy sachet of marmalade in a greasy sachet basket. That put me off the toast. Time to leave. Only to be moaned at by the host about how busy she is....count yourself lucky!! I have never left a negative review before but felt this needed saying. Terrible place, rubbish host, foul breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leoinit
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Booked 2 rooms .1room was a family room asked for a cot when arrived no cot in the room but a bed.when asked for the cot they moaned .only 1 thin blanket was giving for the baby.the room needed to be hoovered .the curtains fell down.tried to make a cup of tea and the milk was off.2nd bedroom was next to the owners living room so my friends could hear them moaning about us asking for the cot.in the 2nd bedroom the duvet was only a 4.5tog so it was very cold at night.found hairs in the bed. The room needed a good Hoover the floor was dirty .when we went down for breakfast used the high chair for the baby which was dirty. Will not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David C
Reviewed April 1, 2012

What a shame, a warmish welcome by a disinterested young man. My room was filthy. I asked a staff member to give it a clean. The loo seat had the same hair on it for a week, the loo brush and bin had not been cleaned underneath .....for a long time. Hoorah nice clean sink, until I pulled plug plunger out....ew gross. The skirtingboard had not been wiped for weeks, as it produced grey fuzzy felt when I ran my finger along it. The matress springs were atrocious, I turned it over and around. More neglect, under the bed had not been cleaned for months, there were a small pair of ear phones, 3 tissues and a chocolate wrapper; they stayed under there for the whole stay despite my request for it to be cleaned. Yes there were some very good points.....Come on Spencer Court Hotel cleanliness is an essential!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business