“D Curtis”

Spencer Court Hotel
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Booked 2 rooms .1room was a family room asked for a cot when arrived no cot in the room but a bed.when asked for the cot they moaned .only 1 thin blanket was giving for the baby.the room needed to be hoovered .the curtains fell down.tried to make a cup of tea and the milk was off.2nd bedroom was next to the owners living room so my friends could hear them moaning about us asking for the cot.in the 2nd bedroom the duvet was only a 4.5tog so it was very cold at night.found hairs in the bed. The room needed a good Hoover the floor was dirty .when we went down for breakfast used the high chair for the baby which was dirty. Will not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David C

Reviewed April 1, 2012

What a shame, a warmish welcome by a disinterested young man. My room was filthy. I asked a staff member to give it a clean. The loo seat had the same hair on it for a week, the loo brush and bin had not been cleaned underneath .....for a long time. Hoorah nice clean sink, until I pulled plug plunger out....ew gross. The skirtingboard had not been wiped for weeks, as it produced grey fuzzy felt when I ran my finger along it. The matress springs were atrocious, I turned it over and around. More neglect, under the bed had not been cleaned for months, there were a small pair of ear phones, 3 tissues and a chocolate wrapper; they stayed under there for the whole stay despite my request for it to be cleaned. Yes there were some very good points.....Come on Spencer Court Hotel cleanliness is an essential!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We had a lovely room and rate this hotel highly. We are returning to Ramsgate again next week and won't hesitate to re-book here. The breakfast was better than a 5* hotel and Jane made us very welcome.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah L
Reviewed October 9, 2011

we had a Hen party in the area and I stayed the weekend with 4 of my girlfriends. The hotel is 5 minutes walk to the Harbour and city centre where it was all happening. We had great fun, accommodation was good, the service was appreciable (they even had hair dryers we requested) and breakfast excellent, with lots of choices.

We plan to return to the hotel in summer so we can make full use of the Tennis Courts and play hand ball on the nearby sandy beach.

Room Tip: ask for ensuite rooms
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed at the Spencer Court Hotel for 1 week in September. I was very impressed by the standard of accommodation (sea view!), location and service. The Breakfast was delicious full English unlike some other hotels in the area which serve only continental breakfast.

I was also impressed by the very modest room charge which was the best I could get for my limited budget at the time of booking. I will certainly recommend the hotel to those who are looking for value for money and do not want to pay over the top for B & B

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Despite it being nearly a year since my visit, the memories are unforgetable! Yes it may be the cheapest option if you are stuck, £35, but book three weeks in advance at the clean, friendly Travel Lodge on the sea front for just £19 per night! (Recently opened, otherwise I would definitely have been there instead.)
When I arrived at the Spencer Court, it was in complete darkness. Eventually someone shuffled up to let me in, pushed a form in my hand and demanded the money. Had I seen the cramped room first, no way would I have stayed. It was on the ground floor and when I drew back the curtains to open the window to relieve the smell, there was a brick wall covering the whole window. This person's accomodation had been built onto the back, so I had the pleasure of her TV all night through a door in the corner of my room. The ceiling fan did not work. There were used milk sachets, -the only full one was sour and congealed, the tooth mug had not been washed, the bedside tables had cup ring marks..etc.etc. ....... Where was the advertised hair dryer, wi-fi, the restaurant ? - (it was cold and evening when I arrived after a long journey and I did not want the walk into town, so remained hungry as there was no facility for even a biscuit)
Breakfast presented the cheapest cornflakes, white cardboard bread and was generally inedible. It materialised that I was the only guest (what a surprise!) , so this person was not exactly rushed off her feet and why could I not have a more spacious upstairs room with a window and a view?
i have travelled extensively, internationally, and yet this 'hotel' still gets my award for the worst ever experienced!

Room Tip: Just walk down the hill to the centrally located Travel Lodge.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank hdvyn
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed here whilst working in the town, the plus sides are that it has a good location and is cheap. On the down side, the breakfast did not start until 8am, (though a takeout was offered on our last night,)the beds were not made nor the towels changed during our 4 night stay, no hot water in the bedroom wash basin, and the tv`s giving up in both our rooms on the last night.The single room had was not en-suite( I Was Not told this whilst Booking) but had a compact shower room across the hall, which was designed for people under 5`5" only.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business