“Local away from home”

The Seaview Bar & Restaurant @ The Sir Stanley Gray PBH
Reserve with OpenTable
The Seaview Bar & Restaurant @ The Sir Stanley Gray PBH is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 205 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This pub has a good range of beers and wines, a great choice of food with great value for money and very generous portions. The staff are all extremely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. Also if you are staying at the Pegwell Bay Hotel, you can charge both meals and drinks to your room.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Just taken my family for a nice evening meal only to have it ruined by awful service. Not what you would normally get here but it was the managers night off! We ordered 2 fish and chips and asked for salad instead of mushy peas. Normally not an issue here. To my amazement they brought out fish salad and mushy peas, strange combination. When u questioned the waitress she insisted this is what I ordered. After an argument she took one away to get it changed. The other my mum just could not be bothered sending back. The rest of the family tucked in whilst I waited. By the time someone had come back everyone had finished so I politely told them I did not want it as did not want to eat alone. They then tried to insist I paid for it. As I said not the service I would usually recieve here but so shocking we won't return!!!

1  Thank Backstreet1981
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Me and my fiancee are getting married at the Pegwell Bay next year so thought we would take the best man and maid of honour (plus their partners and kids) to the Stanley Grey to try out the food!

There was a great varitey considering it was Sunday (Most places I imagine only serve roasts), but they had a full menu available.

Me and my partner shared olives and bread for a starter and it was delicious and well priced.

I had the burger for my main as I do like to try out burgers whenever I go to pubs / restuarants. The burger here was large, meaty and juicy and served with chips which were hot and crispy.

Overall I thought it was a good pub dinner and all seemed to enjoy the food - great variety on the menu and great service.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went there for a saturday lunch . The first thing i should say the sea view from the restaurant is magnificiant. Wonderful staff and its got lots of atmosphere. Excellent place for fish and chips and sunday roast. You definitely can relax and enjoy here just having a chilled beer by window side looking sea.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I went for lunch here yesterday with my friend, the reason being was from reading a review in the Thanet Ale guide.. It recommended the Ploughman's Lunch, I haven't had a Ploughmans for a long long time and really fancied one (almost craved it)... Well I have to say the review I read, lived upto everything and a whole lot more.... It was fabulous, We both went for the Ploughmans and on the plater was the most impressive piece of mature cheddar that you would pay £5 for in the supermarket, plus a large fresh, warm, cottage loaf, a very generous portion of salad with chopped onion, peppers, tomato and cucumber, a Large crisp pickled onion and enough pickle and butter to last in relation to the loaf and the generous slab of cheese. The view was fantastic, the service was very personal from the gentleman behind the bar, I had a Pint of Gadds (Local Beer) Dragons blood.... OMG... It was like an angel passing water down my neck, it was heaven.... my friend had a glass of coke and all this for under £20... I will most certainly be back. 10/10