“Lunch for 2”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I went for lunch here yesterday with my friend, the reason being was from reading a review in the Thanet Ale guide.. It recommended the Ploughman's Lunch, I haven't had a Ploughmans for a long long time and really fancied one (almost craved it)... Well I have to say the review I read, lived upto everything and a whole lot more.... It was fabulous, We both went for the Ploughmans and on the plater was the most impressive piece of mature cheddar that you would pay £5 for in the supermarket, plus a large fresh, warm, cottage loaf, a very generous portion of salad with chopped onion, peppers, tomato and cucumber, a Large crisp pickled onion and enough pickle and butter to last in relation to the loaf and the generous slab of cheese. The view was fantastic, the service was very personal from the gentleman behind the bar, I had a Pint of Gadds (Local Beer) Dragons blood.... OMG... It was like an angel passing water down my neck, it was heaven.... my friend had a glass of coke and all this for under £20... I will most certainly be back. 10/10

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Popped in for a Sunday lunch.

Fantastic views out to sea. A very relaxing afternoon.

Food was excellent value and was good quality. 3 courses for £13.

We would visit again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Lovely cosy pub with delicious home cooked food and a great atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and the service was excellent. It also overlooks Pegwell Bay. Lovely to have spent two cosy winter evenings in front of an open fire.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We thought we'd try sunday lunch at The Pegwell Bay Hotel, as it had good recommendations and is very local to home. The hotel is a large imposing presence at the end of a quiet road, with ample parking facilities and a welcoming countenance. Unfortunately, a large group of 40 had just settled in for lunch, so the helpful recceptionist suggested we would be better off across the road in the 'Stanley'. Over we went, and entered a cosy country pub, complete with open fire and welcoming landlord. We were given a table by a window, and ordered our lunch straight away. Roast Beef for both, with a Minestrone soup for myself and a bruschetta for my companion. we settled down to wait...and wait. Finally the couple next to us were served their main coures (pork instead of beef for one!). We were intrigued, we'd been there some time before them, and not been served. Eventually, after 25 minutes, my companion gave up and went to enquire what was going on. A couple of minutes letter, the landlord came over and offered us a cock eyed tale about how the order had got messed up, and our starters overlooked. I told him that even if the starters had been overlooked, we had not been offered a main course either. So far, so unimpressed. Then the starters arrived. My soup was accompanied with some bread that was as old as Bruce Forsyth's gags, and as dry as Jack Dee's. Not funny, I thought. Our genial host came back when we had finished our starters, and was informed. I think he may have worked out that I was not overawed. Main course arrived promptly, but by heck it was rubbish. Thin grey slivers of meat, stringy roast potatoes and a tedious medley of school dinner vegetables, topped off with thin but greasy gravy. The only reason that this review warrants two stars, rather than one, is thw fact that we were not charged for the starters. Bitterly disappointing, and we won't be going back.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were in a group of 9 walking along the coastal path when we came across this pub/restaurant which is part of the Pegwell Bay Hotel. Being a Sunday it was obviously popular for its Sunday Roast at £8.95. We had a selection of well-filled sandwiches at £4.50 - £6.25, including prawn, smoked salmon and fish fingers, served to us by helpful staff on the sunny terrace, which we virtually had to ourselves at this time of year. I imagine it could be very busy at the height of the season. They serve a selection of local real ales.