“5 star dining”

Dinos Italian Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 170 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome and benvenuti to Dover's longest going family run restaurant.Dino's traditional Italian Restaurant is tucked away in Dover's most sought after street right in the heart of the town.The restaurant has been established since 1977 and is a firm favorite among those craving for authentically prepared traditional Italian cuisine the way only mama can produce.If you fancy a genuine Italian meal and excellent value then please check out our very tempting menu on our website.We look forward to cooking for you soon. Grazie e Buon appetito
Worthing
“5 star dining”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went to Dino's last night, our 1st visit. What a lovely welcome. As soon as we arrived, Angelo greeted & seated us in this really cozy restaurant. The food was quality, and all cooked under the watchful eye of his Mamma. After such a wonderful meal, Mamma comes out to see that all diners have been looked after. Angelo tells me they have been there since 1977. You don't stay that long if you haven't a top reputation. We will be back most definitely. Well done everyone of the staff. Andy & Karen from Worthing.

• Visited December 2012
10 Thank AndyandKarenWorthing

Elham, United Kingdom
“Amazing Christmas meal!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had a Christmas party here the other night and the food was not just good but very good.We received a very warm welcome and we were looked after very well. The Christmas menu had a varied choice of starters , main meals and deserts to choose from which made things very difficult for us but everyone commented on how good theirs was. The place had a lovely cosy Christmas atmosphere and everyone clapped when mamma came out to see if we all enjoyed it.I had the homemade gnocchi In cream and creese to start which was very tasty. For my main course I had the pork cooked in beer and rosemary sauce which was served with saute potatoes, cauliflower in a cheesy cream sauce and tempura sliced pumpkin which they grow themselves and was all excellent.Onto desert and I had the panetone and amaretto trifle which was stupendous to say the least.I can only say that this meal was absolutely amazing and outstanding value for this quality of food (£18.50 per person).I am looking forward to going back and trying out their full menu which looked very interesting and reasonably well priced.

• Visited December 2012
6 Thank wardling895
gravesend
“terrific meal and welcome”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

What a lovely night this was. The food was absolutely perfect as was the welcome and service. Despite it being a fairly busy evening we were attended to very well and there was an overall good happy atmosphere often lacking in other restaurants.The food was perfect and meeting mama chef added to the happy occasion we were celebrating.Definetely arranging another visit with Dinos a priorityon our list and taking our friends next time

• Visited November 2012
7 Thank eric v
Sandwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic,warm and friendly hospitality.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We went to Dino's with my family to celebrate my sons birthday last week as we have been there many times before and it is my family's best loved restaurant. We use this restaurant when ever we can because it is the best in the area.We were a party of 10 and we were very very well looked after. The food was excellent as always and our party all enjoyed the variety of dishes which they had.There are many specials on offer in addition to the main menu and I had the pork stuffed with mortadella, rocket and cheese in a white wine ,garlic and mushroom sauce which was totally superb.Their chicken parmigiana from the main menu is also very good. Overall it was a great night and enjoyed it.I would highly recommend this restaurant as it has everything including fantastic food, incredible atmosphere, friendly service and not forgetting the lovely lady "mama".

8 Thank madonfish
queensland
“extremely disappointed especially as we went on tripadvisor recommendations”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I read all of the tripadvisor reviews and thought we were in for a real treat, unfortunately I was very wrong. Have no idea why it was so bad the night we went but it was one of our worst meals and worst experiences in a long time. The two male waiters seemed very attentive to the three other couples we saw in the restaurant, they were obviously local regular diners and were treated very well. We waited over ten minutes before either one of them acknowledged us, one in particular walked past us several times to attend to other couples. When he finally came over we asked for drink menu for wine by the glass, he advised he had one house wine only and one beer choice only and did not advise us how much either were. The other diners received bread on their table, we didn't and when both our main meals arrived they tasted as bad as they looked. Both of our pastas were on the specials menu so we were expecting pretty tasty meals but both were extremely bland, I had far too much penne for the sauce that was with my dish. Other customers were offered chili oil, we were not and ours certainly could have done with some to give it flavour. My review I know sounds very whinging, even as I read it I think it sounds like I am just whining but when I write reviews I say it as I found it and for me it was terrible. We were tourists on our way by ferry to france and we were obviously treated like tourists, (unfortunately some restaurants treat tourists as if they do not matter, this is the only way I can take our experience) We wished we had gone to the pub up the road instead.

• Visited November 2012