Review Highlights
Don is the real Don corleone

This was a great little tour showing how the military defended our borders with the radar tings... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Michael R
First rate World War 2 Experience

This tunnel structure was a great visit. the tour was about an hour. As they take you through the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
JayVTexas

Recommended experiences in and around Dover
from $27.31
from $67.95
from $69.26
from $81.36
More Info
All reviews national trust hard hats white cliffs tour guide wartime history tours leave second world war above ground well worth the effort non members nt members safety briefing brilliant tour highly recommend this tour the cliff excellent visit tunnel complex
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited the Fan Bay deep Shelter today.
What an amazing experience and tour of the World War tunnels and shelter.
The tour guide 'John Duggan' was probably the best tour guide I have ever met.
His insightful knowledge and wisdom together with some personal account details were remarkable.
If Carlsberg did tour guides, 'John Duggan' would tour for them.

Thank you for a brilliant and terrific tour experience, well worth being a member of the National Trust.

2  Thank 1976TP
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First of all, I'm not exactly the most experienced tourist. This was my second time to Britain and where I come from the standards of tour guides are pretty low in comparison with the British. But what an experience it was!

Me and my mates were just about to turn around on our walk along the cliffs when this very nice guy approached us and offered a FREE guide through the bunkers! Being the Churchill and WW2 enthusiasts we are, we agreed promptly. What followed was the most brilliant tour I have ever gone through, the guide was super knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how much it costs, if it is pricy or not. However, if it is, as I assume, within a reasonable price range, it's bloody worth it!

Huge thumbs up, all the guides were super nice!

Reviewed September 5, 2019

Very interesting place to visit and the tour was very informative. The volunteers were friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed the history of the tour as well as seeing inside the cliffs of Dover.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Went this weekend just gone, What an amazing thing to do in dover. I found this on Trip Advisor and never knew this was there. Myself and my Partner thought this was a brilliant tour and learnt something new about the World War!
You get in free if you are national trust but if not its £10.00 which you pay at the shelter which i do not think is bad for an hour tour. The walk to it was about 30 mins but it is over the cliffs so wear some comfy shoes. Also when you get there you have to walk down 125 steps to get in to the tunnels. I would highly recommend to go there if you go to Dover as i learnt so much and 100% worth the visit and the walk!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019

We visited Fan Bay deep shelter today. There were 7 of us. 5 adults and 2 children aged 6 and 8. Our guide, Pete Legg, was amazing. A fund of information, cheerful and funny. We all thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We were worried the children might get bored but Pete's stories held their attention and he was careful in his choice of words when describing some of the events that had happened. The other members of staff were very helpful and friendly.