“My Favourite Resturant EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Scala

La Scala
Ranked #2 of 170 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“My Favourite Resturant EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We Have Been To La Scala.......More Times Than I Can Remember. Your Not Rushed, The Table Is Urs For The Night. Nothing Is A Problem For Them. And The Food Is Soooooo Good. Value Is Fantastic.

• Visited July 2013

San Francisco, California
“Francesco's Magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went to La Scala with friends as we waited for one of our group's weather window to open up and make an English Channel crossing possible. Everything we had was delicious, from the appetizers to the main courses and the wine - nice wine list, which isn't necessarily easy to find here. Absolute stand-outs that make me wish this restaurant was near my home were 1) CULURGIONES, or home made Sardinian ravioli with fresh pecorino cheese and, wait for it...mint! and 2) STRASCINATI CON SALSICCIA, or fresh - delicious - pasta with equally delicious sausage, some vegetables, tomato and white wine. Both dishes were gloriously simple, in the way Italians do it best. I was so effusive about the strascinati - so fresh, perfect texture - that I was overheard and had a delightful discussion with Francesco, the owner/chef, during which I finished his sentence proclaiming "ragu!" for another dish he had made with the same pasta. This can't be promised to everyone, but I was then treated to some of my new favorite pasta with a gorgeous ragu. This speaks to Francesco's love for what he does - both cooking and making people happy. His personality will win you over along with the food, wonderful intimate atmosphere and excellent staff. If you are in Dover, don't miss out on La Scala, frequented by locals and visitors alike.

1 Thank Melissa K
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband found this restaurant on TripAdvisor for lunch on a day trip to Dover Castle. We had a lovely lunch though there was no one else eating. Great service. A real gem. Don't be put off by the area and don't expect to find the sort of Italian food you find in regular "Italian" restaurants. There is no lasagna, spaghetti bologna use or carbonara on the menu. Instead it's more authentic, home made and well yummy. Great job guys. Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

2 Thank Jo C
“Best Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We walked in at 9:10pm on a Tuesday night thinking that we probably wouldn't get served but we did and thought it was great. I wanted to stay longer so I ordered desert which was great (a chocolate torte).

Loved this place! I would stay in Dover an extra night to eat the food again.

2 Thank Kerri W
Bromley, England, United Kingdom
“Food out of this World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My hubby likes to look on tripadvisor for restaurants. So after our visit to Dover Castle we looked up La Scala. From the outside it doesn't look much but inside they have made most of their space and it's nice and cosy. We have 4 kids and not all are good eaters so we thought it would be a challenge. We ordered and we were warned by the waiter it could take a while but the chef heard and he said it wasn't a problem and we didn't have to wait long.

The food was delicious and all 4 kids were happy. Even my eldest (13) said he was pleasantly surprised. Worth a visit!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Jacqui B

Been to La Scala? Share your experiences!