“Very OK”
Review of The Arlington West Bistro - CLOSED

The Arlington West Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A small Bistro seating up to 25 people, fully licenced. Very close to Dover Port, opposite the marina on slip road.A warm friendly service with good home cooked food.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place is as my husband says very ok. It is not in the same league as other places we go in the local area. The service is friendly efficient and helpful, but most of what we ate [we think] was brought in frozen , nothing homemade going on. You can get very good food elsewhere for the same price. If the mains were priced nearer ten pounds[ They are mostly about £14. I would think the place reasonable value. The starters were the best part of the meal. All well presented.

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went to this lovely little restaurant a couple of days ago having looked it up on Trip Advisor.

What a delight! Fantastic food, served by the friendly host/proprietor and female chef Heidi.

I have never felt so welcome and at home before in restaurant. It truly is a little gem of a place and would recommend everyone try it. We eat out 2-3 times a week and you'll be hard pushed to find somewhere to match up to this on service and food quality. Top class!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Been here several times and each time come back looking forward to it more than the last. The food is wonderful and that s coming from myself and my uncle who are chefs! They always make you feel at home even my 3 year old daughter loves it there. Looking forward to our next vist very much

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Booked as was told food was good. Starter of King Prawns in garlic very tasty, and the Lamb was excellent, all in all a great little find, as always seem to struggle in Dover finding somewhere decent to eat< now I`ve found one, will be a regular visitor if they keep up the high standard they have set.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

A group of us, consisting 5 persons, went to an Italian theme special here at the end of August.

This very small restaurant appeared to be the downstairs of a two-up/two-down house and that's exactly as it felt. It appeared to be family run, which is fine, but family members were dressed very casually (jeans & trainers) and, overall, this did not have the ambience of a Trip Advisor #1 rated establishment.

The downstairs bar, which didn’t have the aperitif my wife wanted (Campari) and which served bottled real ale chilled and the special Italian lager at room temperature, wasn't a really bar at all in my opinion. Well, as a CAMRA member you would expect me to notice such things, wouldn’t you?

The food was OK but my relatives and friends cook and prepare meals equally as well. As I have indicated above, I prefer to eat out in restaurant atmosphere.

What I will say, in defence of the establishment, is that it was fully booked but for me this was just like eating an average meal at somebody else’s home.