“Fun place and great food”
Review of The Arlington West Bistro - CLOSED

The Arlington West Bistro
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: A small Bistro seating up to 25 people, fully licenced. Very close to Dover Port, opposite the marina on slip road.A warm friendly service with good home cooked food.
Northwood
“Fun place and great food”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went for a birthday party and the hot buffet was great, chef Heidi knows her stuff. I returned the next day for Sunday lunch and opted for the brie and roast; I'm not keen on roast dinners but as the rest of my party were having it and there was a choice of meat, including my favourites beef and turkey, I had the same. Both were perfectly cooked and most enjoyable, a big plateful including stuffing, cauli cheese, roast and boiled potatoes and carrots with plenty of gravy. As before, the staff made us feel very welcome and even obliged with a "floater" coffee which many small restaurants won't. A thoroughly good meal and look forward to returning to the AWB next time I visit. Very reasonable too.

Sydney Australia
“Great food and lovely hosts”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hosts were very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and the portions were very generous. The produce used was also good quality.
We actually returned on the second night in Dover to have dinner there again.

Visited July 2012
surrey
“Lovely Evening”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Claire and I went for dinner on a night stop over in Dover on the way to Belgium. We had reviwed on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. Really friendly, good food and they care about their customers. Hope they continue to do well, so we can go back.

Kent uk
“Fab night!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I took my partner down for our first year anaversary. I have to say that the sevice was first class, the food was amazing. This was my second time of going as I went with a large party earlier in the year. I have to say again the food was fab, the sevice was great. It is just testermant to a restaurant that they can produce the same level of service and food for a table of 2 or a tabble of 30 (this is my opion as a chef of over 10 years experance in the restaunt trade).

London, England, United Kingdom
“Definately NOT the Number 1 restaurant in Dover”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Decided to try out this local bistro, having read good reviews on trip advisor. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary, We ordered Homemade pate with chutney to start, the chutney was missing and the pate was like runny paste. The main course did not represent how it was described on the menu, and it was very poorly presented on the plate. The meat was tough & the whole dish was bland. Very disappointing did not stay for dessert will definately not be returning, How this Bistro ever got to be ranked as no 1 restuarant in dover we will never know !!!!! The whole experience ruined our special evening.

• Visited July 2012