“Old style premier inn, very noisy”

Premier Inn Dover (A20) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of 4 with 2 children. This is an older style premier inn which needs bringing up to date with some of the others. All the basics are in the room, but the beds are not as comfy and hard and lumpy, the bathroom was tiny, the curtains did not black out and the room was hot with small fan so we had to have window open and the road outside is very busy with lorries as main road in to Dover so was very loud. This premier inn is next to a beefeater and our room faced pub so lots noise in carpark outside our room. The staff were helpful but unfriendly, I don't think they smiled once. After 4 nights we were ready to go. Not the best.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is the first time we have ever been disappointed with a Premier Inn; this one is getting tired and needs some attention. We had to get the bottom sheet of our bed changed on our arrival by the receptionist (who was excellent) as it was stained, the meal deal in the evening was fairly unexciting, and we noticed at breakfast how grubby the restaurant was if you looked closely in the corners. The breakfast itself was distinctly average by previous Premier Inn experiences, and the overall price of our stay did not represent value for money. Whitbread needs to give this place some attention - and soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geoffrey S
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had problems with fire doors in a previous premier inn and this one was no exception. Doors slamming until the early hours, paper thin walls meaning we could hear next door's conversation, it was far from a good night's sleep. Absolutely appalling! The restaurant next door could not cope with the number of people, food took forever to come out and my meal had clearly been left on the side as it was dried up and fairly inedible. Breakfast the next morning wasn't really any better, the large woman serving breakfast acted like she'd rather be anywhere else but there. Really not impressed with the whole experience and wish we had just caught a ferry on the same day as our 4 hour drive up to Dover as stopping overnight was not a refreshing experience as hoped. Will not be using a premier inn again, a good night guarantee? What a load of rubbish!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thatsmydawg
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Dover (A20) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please email your details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Too hot, Too noisy, lack of staff, leaking shower, small room for family, I will never stay in a premier Inn again (almost as bad as Holiday Inns). Room had no cooling facility, and the roll out bed was not made up, I had to fetch the linen myself and make it up

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Keith D
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Dover (A20) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one nght as we were going to a wedding in the local area. I generally find that Premier Inn are a good bet for this kind of thing, but have to say was not impressed on this occasion.

Room was clean with enough space for 2 adults and one child, and the bed was OK. The noise of the very busy main road didn't bother us too much, but the lack of air conditioning did. It was a hot night, and despite having windows open a small crack, and the small fan on all night, it was simply unbearable. My partner asked if the room temperature could be changes and was told 'No', and given sheets instead of duvets for the bed. Our Son really had a tough time, and ended up being unwell due to the heat.

The next morning we explained all this and the receptionist, just said ' It says on our website we don't have a/c'. Now we paid £85 for 1 night - hardly budget rate for room only so we were left unhappy and very tired.

Our friends left the hotel a little while after us and informed us they were offered a refund based on them having the same issues! As you can imagine this was frustrating for us, so we went back to the hotel, for the receptionist to insist they asked for a refund, and despite our complaint, because we hadsn't asked for our money back, the guarantee wasn't offered! To be fair, we did get our refund without issue once we specifically asked for it - but I feel it should have been offered, given the fact we had complained on check-out!

I would use a Premier Inn again - but I will be paying more attention to the weather before I decide!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here while visiting family locally. Good location - road not too busy so relatively quiet when trying to get to sleep. Rooms good size, comfortable and clean. Beefeater restaurant next door very handy - excellent breakfasts and dinner pretty good too. Would recommend and will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My 1st stay at a premier inn, & I have to say I was really impressed, the room was spotless & believe me when I say that, the bed was so comfortable, & the staff were really nice, they smiled at you, & thanks to pippa the manageress I was able to get my cab back to Dover , because the number I was given was wrong, so thanks for that! Oh I've forgot to mention the premier inn I stayed at, it was on the Folkestone road in Dover, I would recommend it to anyone, &im going to book my next stay at a premier inn in gatwick, I normally stay at the Marriott but from now on I'm booking premier inns, just hope gatwick is as good as Dover .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Premier Inn Dover Central (Eastern Ferry Terminal) Hotel
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Dover East Hotel
Ramada Dover
Ramada Dover
#1 of 1 in Whitfield
Premier Inn Folkestone (Channel Tunnel) Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel

Been to Premier Inn Dover (A20) Hotel? Share your experiences!