“My last night in a Premier Inn”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Dover (A20) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Dover
Taunton, United Kingdom
“My last night in a Premier Inn”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Too hot, Too noisy, lack of staff, leaking shower, small room for family, I will never stay in a premier Inn again (almost as bad as Holiday Inns). Room had no cooling facility, and the roll out bed was not made up, I had to fetch the linen myself and make it up

1 Thank Keith D
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Dover (A20) Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Crawley, west sussex
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one nght as we were going to a wedding in the local area. I generally find that Premier Inn are a good bet for this kind of thing, but have to say was not impressed on this occasion.

Room was clean with enough space for 2 adults and one child, and the bed was OK. The noise of the very busy main road didn't bother us too much, but the lack of air conditioning did. It was a hot night, and despite having windows open a small crack, and the small fan on all night, it was simply unbearable. My partner asked if the room temperature could be changes and was told 'No', and given sheets instead of duvets for the bed. Our Son really had a tough time, and ended up being unwell due to the heat.

The next morning we explained all this and the receptionist, just said ' It says on our website we don't have a/c'. Now we paid £85 for 1 night - hardly budget rate for room only so we were left unhappy and very tired.

Our friends left the hotel a little while after us and informed us they were offered a refund based on them having the same issues! As you can imagine this was frustrating for us, so we went back to the hotel, for the receptionist to insist they asked for a refund, and despite our complaint, because we hadsn't asked for our money back, the guarantee wasn't offered! To be fair, we did get our refund without issue once we specifically asked for it - but I feel it should have been offered, given the fact we had complained on check-out!

I would use a Premier Inn again - but I will be paying more attention to the weather before I decide!!

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here while visiting family locally. Good location - road not too busy so relatively quiet when trying to get to sleep. Rooms good size, comfortable and clean. Beefeater restaurant next door very handy - excellent breakfasts and dinner pretty good too. Would recommend and will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My 1st stay at a premier inn, & I have to say I was really impressed, the room was spotless & believe me when I say that, the bed was so comfortable, & the staff were really nice, they smiled at you, & thanks to pippa the manageress I was able to get my cab back to Dover , because the number I was given was wrong, so thanks for that! Oh I've forgot to mention the premier inn I stayed at, it was on the Folkestone road in Dover, I would recommend it to anyone, &im going to book my next stay at a premier inn in gatwick, I normally stay at the Marriott but from now on I'm booking premier inns, just hope gatwick is as good as Dover .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stopped over on the way to the ferry. Decent room with comfy bed though, as you would expect in a budget hotel, there was no air-con - which on a hot night would have been welcomed. The 'good night sleep' promise by Premier Inn is ridiculous. How can you guarantee this on a very hot night? We didn't take this seriously.

The main problem was breakfast. When time was short in the morning the breakfast facility opened late. We stuffed breakfast down in the ten minutes available but felt ripped off. I had previously phoned to check specifically what time the breakfast opened in the morning and was told that I had enough time.

What really irked me was that the big fella behind the desk simply smiled, shrugged his holders and said there was nothing he could do about it.

Promises of customer satisfaction not met.

Room Tip: Family room for 4 was good and is cheaper via the website
Peterborough, England
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hotel very easy to find, usual Premier Inn standard, comfy beds etc. The staff very welcoming. The restaurant next door is a Beefeater. We stayed in this PI in Dover on a Saturday and fortunately we had rung the Plough to book a table. The restaurant was extremely busy, partly because it was a fantastic summer day, but also it was the only restaurant in the area. Several people arrived saying that they had booked a table via the pubs website but the restaurant didn't have their booking on the list. The staff worked very hard to ensure everybody who wanted to eat there were seated as soon as possible. The staff did this with a very friendly and positive attitude, most people were satisfied that there needs were met in the end, but sometimes you can't please some people no matter what. Menu was the usual Beefeater style, we ordered steaks and they were both cooked to perfection.

Room Tip: All rooms were facing away from the road, probably best to ask for a room overlooking the green spac...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wiltshire
Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a dreadful hotel. The dinner was not good, and the breakfast was non-existent. We were misinformed about the starting time, and so missed breakfast altogether as we had to catch a ferry. Never again in a Premier Inn. Not recommended.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Dover (A20) Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that your comments will be investigated by the Management Team at this hotel. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Premier Inn Dover Central (Eastern Ferry Terminal) Hotel
#9 of 10 in Folkestone
The White Cliffs Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe

Been to Premier Inn Dover (A20) Hotel? Share your experiences!