“Savor the Day!”

White Cliffs Geo Tours
Ranked #3 of 6 Tours in Dover
More attraction details
Owner description: East Kent tours that are designed to be different. To provide visitors with a new view of the landscape and the history of this portion of the garden of England. To show customers a unique insight into the countryside of East Kent and understanding of how geology and history has formed this corner of England. We can also arrange specialist tours, for those wishing to explore the geology of East Kent in much greater detail.
Arlington, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Savor the Day!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

If Dover is a port on a cruise, a passenger is faced with a dilemma. Where do you decide to tour, London or locally? You can tour locally, meaning in the Dover/Kent area, or you can take a train to London and tour there.

We decided to pass on the London option, partly because we had been there before, but mostly because we prefer to savor an area. We didn’t think that the amount of time allowed in London after a lengthy round trip train ride would do justice to such an amazing city. Rather than running from place to place in the hope of “seeing it all” in just a few hours, we decided to book White Cliffs Geo Tours and tour the greater Dover area.

It was a pleasure working with Simona in setting up our day. She gave excellent advice about what to see in Kent. We chose a tour of the White Cliffs area, which included the Battle of Britain Monument, as well as a tour of Deal and Sandwich.

On the tour day, Simona and her husband, Richard met us promptly at the cruise terminal. Both were charming people with a very interesting personal story, which you will learn if you take the tour. We were soon off in their sparkling van with a professional driver.

I found Dover itself, which is really not part of the tour, to be a real diamond in the rough. I read a lot about it being kind of a down in the mouth seaport and just a way to get to somewhere else. I would prefer to describe it as an area of unrecognized potential. The town itself is cut off from the sea by the unfortunate placement of a highway. If the locals ever bridge that area with a promenade to the cruise terminal, would they have something! The city has a charming residential areas, incredible ferry traffic to the continent, wonderful history, and unsurpassed physical beauty. Dover will be something someday if the citizens have the political will to do what is necessary.

Simona and Richard did a wonderful job on the tour itself. We saw and learned a lot. I enjoyed the White Cliffs and the Battle of Britain site the most. The drive through the Kent countryside was lovely. Deal was picturesque. Sandwich was a medieval charmer.

We made the right choice in choosing this tour company.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Dataminn2014

Rancho Santa Fe, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“A great day!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our party of three had a great day touring the area with White Cliffs Geo Tours! We left the itinerary up to Simona and Richard and we couldn't have been happier with what they chose. Our favorite place was either Deal or Sandwich but we enjoyed every place we saw so there were no disappointments! They also understand the weather as we switched up our itinerary due to coastal fog in the morning and saw towns in reverse which worked out perfect for our afternoon viewing of the White Cliffs! You honestly can't go wrong with booking this couple!

2 Thank Twotouch
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“White Cliffs of Dover”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I organized a group tour with this company. Simona and Les, the owners and operators, are a great couple and the moment you meet them it's like meeting old friends. Les is an excellent, personable, well informed tour guide. The tour to the White Cliffs, Canterbury Cathedral and Leeds Castle was extraordinary. After the tour, Simona wanted to meet my wife and I at the hotel we were staying just to say hello. The meeting was wonderful and both my wife and I fell in love with this gracious couple. Kudos to both of them for making our day in Dover the best ever!!

Bob and Susan Shaffar

1 Thank kennelgang
Crossville, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“White Cliffs Geo Tours”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Les and Simona. We immediately felt as if they were long-time friends as soon as they met us at the cruise terminal. We were very impressed with their knowledge of the area and willingness to adapt the tour to our interests. In the 6 hours we were with them, we learned a great deal about the geology of the area, the importance of the area in World War II, and the importance of Dover in today's transportation. This was combined with visits to several quaint villages and lunch at a historic inn. Throughout, this was a totally enjoyable day - a good mix of history, geology, and great sightseeing. Our tour was a private tour with just the two of us with Les and Simona. I understand they conduct small group tours if requested in advance.

1 Thank Jecklecat
Omaha, Nebraska
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Personalized and Helpful”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I can not begin to express my gratitude for Les and Simona at White Cliff's Geo Tours. We were able to set up the trip several months in advance and as advertized it was incredibly personalized. I am a science teacher and my friend is an English teacher. Les was able to combine our interests into a lovely morning tour which showed off both the geology and history that I craved as well as her literary ones. Additionally, my friend and I were coming all the way from Oxford for the morning of our trip and were unable to stop and store our luggage. For a small fee, Les and Simona were happy to store our luggage for us which was incredibly helpful as after our tour with them we wanted to see the WWII exhibits under Dover castle which also has no luggage storage. After our castle visit, Les and Simona even made themselves available for to pick us up from the castle. I have never quite experienced something so personalized and wonderful.

My friend and I were surprised as we traveled throughout the UK how shocked people were that we were traveling specifically to visit Dover... apparently not very many people go there unless it is for making the trip across the channel. My friend and I found that not only was Dover a beautiful seaside town in which we wished we had more time to spend... but were also sad to find out that not many travel guides include it. I personally plan to write to my favorite travel guru and tell him so. Dover is a beautiful seaside town and a must see if you are looking for something personalized WHITE CLIFFS GEO TOURS are the people to make it happen! Many many continued thanks and accolades extended to Les and Simona. Thanks for the experiences!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank quinnringo

Been to White Cliffs Geo Tours? Share your experiences!