“Great place to stay in Dover!”

Dovers Restover Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 38 Dover B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights before catching a cruise to the Baltic. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Dover Priory Train Station and a five minute walk to downtown where you will find a great restaurant for fish & chips. Enterprise car rental is a short ten minute walk along the sea wall.

We called George to let him know we would be arriving late. He was waiting to assist us with our luggage when we arrived. There is plenty of parking on the street, but George had saved us a spot in the driveway. We stayed in room #5 located on the third floor at the front of the building. We slept with the window open as the weather was very cool at night. We slept very well. Before we left on our cruise, we made reservations for two additional days upon our return from cruise.

We returned from cruise early in the morning and George was waiting. We were given room #4 on the third floor at the back of the building. We left our luggage with George and left to tour the Dover Castel. When we returned that afternoon, our luggage had been brought to our room. The bed in room #4 is a little smaller than the one in room #5. Again, we slept with the window open. It was much quieter than the front of the building.

We enjoyed our stay and I highly recommend the Dover Restover Bed & Breakfast.

Room Tip: Room #5 is on the third floor at the front of the building. There is a bar within sight of the hote...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

It was our first Bed & Breakfast, we found the room absolutely no wide, but there was an en-suite. The house is well situated, few minutes of the center of Dover. The owners were so pleasant and serviceable. We realy enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

we had a nice 3 night stay in this family-arrangement of 2 joined rooms, and being just across the train station we had very easy access to the London train. Also close to the town and beach area, without being too close for noice disturbance.

Room Tip: excellent 5-people arrangement with adjacent rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

we stayed one night prior to joining a cruise. What a delightful place. Friendly and helpful host, George, went out of his way to assist us. The room is clean and fresh - the linen is immaculate. Tea and coffee with yummy biscuits also provided. George gave good advice about where to have our evening meal - he asked what style of food we like and then made 3 appropriate suggestions. Next morning he provided a map of Dover and suggested ways to spend our time, He was happy for us to leave our cases and he arranged a time when he would return so we could collect the luggage - he called a cab and took the cases down the steps for us.

And breakfast was fantastic too - freshly cooked to each person's order. Thank you. Next time we sail from Dover we will be back

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank CruiseaholicCheshire
Reviewed July 17, 2013

George goes out of his way to make your stay enjoyable. He carried our suitcases to our room. Breakfast was excellent and served on time. To our top-floor room, we had to climb 47 steps from the sidewalk. The room was small but comfortable. The location was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

WE had been here the third time now - for is it the first choice when coming to Dover.

WE got very time are warm welcome (Thank you George once more).

Service is exzellent and we got good advice what to da in Dover.

Parking is always possible in Front of the Hotel at the street.

WE had three lovely stays now - whenever WE will come to Dover we will Book once more

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rolfk103
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I booked a triple room through bookings.com. Once the booking had been confirmed and paid for I realised that breakfast wasn't included. We arrived there today to book in (around 2 pm) and read a note on the door that check in was at 4 pm? I have travelled through many countries and stayed in dozens of different accommodation and I have never checked in so late.
We took one look at the triple room and walked out and this is why.
The double bed mattress was rock hard.
The pillows were lumpy old and flat, and we had 1 each.
The room was tiny, there was no room for our luggage.
The so called bath towel was about the size of a hand towel and was stained.
The so called parking was almost on a 90 degree angle up the driveway, and the next guest would have to park behind therefore blocking you in.
There is nowhere to sit except on your bed in the room, no lounge to relax in before going out.
I would call this place a back packers not a bed and breakfast and I was really disappointed as I had thought I had reviewed it really well.
I am not a fussy person but I don't like being deceived, I worked for the Scottish tourist board as a hotel inspector many years ago and I do know what standards are acceptable and this place would only just pass the most basic accommodation rating, my advice to the owner is to spend some money on decent bedding and mattresses, and not to advertise accommodation for 3 adults when the room can't contain that amount.
I lost the 80 pounds I paid for the triple room as it was non refundable, don't get caught out like I did,

Room Tip: If you want a good room go elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family