“Comfortable Bed! ”
Review of Beulah House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dover
Beulah House
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I generally enjoyed my stay at this B&B. I had a very comfortable double bed and the room was nicely decorated and very welcoming. It was very stuffy in the room due to the weather, so I was very grateful that a tower fan was provided.

I didn't have any trouble finding a parking space, though it was a bit creepy at night when walking around to the main entrance from the rear car park. More lighting would be helpful.

The wifi wasn't great, the signal was a bit up and down and often would not work at all for me.

On arrival I was told I couldn't have a bath due to plumbing problems. However, the shower was awful. There was nowhere to fix the shower head to, as it appeared to be broken. The water temperature was either cold or boiling hot which was extremely frustrating. This is the reason I only gave four stars. I'd been on an 18 mile walk and was really looking forward to a decent shower.

Breakfast was quite tasty, and although it was the perfect amount for me, for someone with a larger appetite, they'd be disappointed: 1 piece of bacon, 1 sausage, 1 egg, 2 cherry tomatoes and some mushrooms. Also, I wasn't asked what I wanted for breakfast and perhaps they should consider doing this, so people can get more of what they like and less of what they don't like. However, I enjoyed their selection of cereal and yoghurt.

I liked the added extras like shower gel, biscuits etc. and the house itself is lovely - though the room key took a lot of fiddling before I could open the door!

I would come back here again but I'd want a room with a working shower!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank DawnEast

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Beulah House is on the main road into Dover so it has really good access to all the main attractions. From the sea front it's a good 30minute walk so you might be inclined to drive and park in one of the main city car parks.

The B&B itself is a big Victorian house run by a lovely lady whose friendly, talkative nature makes you feel right at home.

The room was clean and comfortable although the double bed was a little on the small side. The decor was simple and bright making the room feel light and airy. The only complaint I really had was the bathroom which didn't match the standard of the rest of the house. The shower room was shabby and the shower wouldn't work unless you turned the hot top on in the sink first - to kick start the water heater. Once it was going though it was fine.

Breakfast was a little bit disappointing, the toast was aplenty but always cold and rather than swapping the other items of the English Breakfast for the things I wanted I was just left with one small egg and two rasher of bacon. Whilst the service was friendly and prompt I couldn't shake the feeling that food wise, I was only being given the bare minimum.

Beulah House is far enough from the centre to avoid all the noise but close enough to walk, they provide plenty information on where to eat and there's some limited on site parking. Overall this B&B is pretty good, its faults hold it back from being very good but these aren't substantial enough to stop me visiting again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank I_am_de_La_Condamine
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We booked this b+b as we were joining a group of classic cars from Kent on a trip to France on an early ferry. The owner was helpful. Our room (No5) was clean but be warned, the double bed was small but comfortable. They must be congratulated for managing to fit a shower, a loo and a tiny basin into the cupboard in the corner of the room - quite a feat! The trains start at 5ish in the morning and the noise is noticeable. The really annoying thing, though, is the blooming water pump which blares out like a siren every time someone in one of the adjoining rooms uses a tap. This place wasn't cheap either.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Though the first thing I see when pulling up to the B&B is a train going by and the car park is very small. And walking through the door to be greeted by a barking dog.
The owner makes you feel welcome.
The room is very nice, spacious and clean. The four poster bed is very comfortable the wifi is excellent and also the shower is very powerful. My poached eggs for breakfast were cooked to perfection all in all a very good B&B
Only thing was it's a good 25min walk to the nearest decent restaurant the pubs near by advertising food but don't!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed last night at Beulah House. Despite booking last minute the team there were on the ball and got back to me very quickly on special requests (i.e. arriving post check in and taxi number). The room was basic, but good quality and particularly the bed mattress, pillows and duvet were really cozy! My only negative is that the shower water took about 10 mins to run through warm, but was good when it did. As a suggestion can I advise you have the WIFI code in the room (I missed the sign as I came in through the side door). Breakfast was lovely! Staff were very friendly. The place was VERY clean. THANK YOU! J

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TheWanderingSailor
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here 11th October 2013. Booked 4 poster bedded room for our friends for their wedding night and a double for our stay.

Had a lovely warm and friendly welcome and the rooms were beautiful.

Anita was very welcoming and friendly and allowed us to occupy the room earlier than check in time to allow us to get ready for the wedding.

Breakfast was also lovely.

I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon19112010
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The accommodation was clean and very comfortable; the decorations were very tasteful and elegant. In addition they also had breakfast included! A lot better value than a chain hotel, at the same or lower price...

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank bukszi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Folkestone
Loddington House
Loddington House
#7 of 9 in Dover

Been to Beulah House? Share your experiences!