“Would highly recommend!”

Ranked #13 of 38 Dover B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Would highly recommend!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed in Dover due to my partners work on the 15th September. Due to the time that we would both be arriving Grace was just fantastic at arranging everything for us. From the room, parking , check in time and all the facilities we would need for our over night stay was amazing. After several long hours driving we were very thankful for a comfortable room, with crisp bedding and an excellent selection of hot drinks, water and yummy biscuits. Grace is an amazing hostess with the mostess by far! A very welcoming and generous host made our over night stay very relaxing....as for the breakfast..well what can I say...Amazing!!!! Beautifully presented and tasted divine! We will not think twice about staying anywhere else should we be in the area again...this place is a true gem!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Nomad_01_01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Marlow, UK
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in Dover at the start of our holiday to France, so that we could get the first ferry in the morning. When we explained to Grace (the owner) that we would be leaving at 6am, she put us in the basement suite, which has direct access to the car park. Grace also offered to make us a take away breakfast for the journey, which was very kind. The room itself was very spacious and Grace had thought of everything, with bottles of water, tea & coffee facilities and a wide range of toiletries provided in the bathroom.

Grace was a fantastic hostess, very friendly and welcoming, and she pointed us in the direction of La Scala, a very cosy Italian restaurant less than 5 minutes away, where we had a gorgeous meal.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marlow_trips
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I recently stayed at this guest house as i was going on a cruise the day after. From the moment we booked it Grace the owner was fantastic, she guided us in when we got lost and also helped us with our suitcases and getting settled in. The room she gave us was exceptionally comfortable and clean with all the extras we could ask for. Tissues, wipes, full hospitality tray and even bathroom toiletries if we had needed them.The location is fantastic and you only need to cross the road to get to the main shopping street so easy to find somewhere to eat and drink. We had a lovely restful sleep and then went to breakfast which was gorgeous with plenty of choice. Grace had advised us that as she was not expecting anyone that day she was happy for us to leave whenever we wanted to and this meant we stayed until after 12pm which was fantastic for our needs. i have no hesitation recommending this guest house and you cannot get a more gracious hostess than the owner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeanette R
Orpington, England
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at Number 7 Priory Guest House and were made to feel welcome immediately. Our (large) room was spotless and comfortable. The breakfast was out of this world ! The location is excellent and (amazing) Grace (the host) was delightful.
We cannot understand the bad review. We would most cetainly recommend this Guest House and we look forward to a return visit sometime.
Dennis & Barbara

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I decided to take my daughter on a weekend break in Dover and I must say booking ourselves at number 7 Priory was the best thing we ever did.Our host Grace was most welcoming and made us feel relaxed. Our room on the basement was well decorated, neat with crispy ,spotless linen. We were able to make ourselves coffee as everything was provided in our room.Strategically situated, it was easy for us to find our back afterwards. The breakfast was just but excellent and I really enjoyed every bit of it, I would definitely recommend this B&B to my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cowes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My daughter and I were going to Dover to meet my son on his cruise ship, I happened to come across Number 7 the priory and decided to book it, it was the best decision I could have made. From the time we arrived our host "Grace" was the most welcoming individual, nothing was too much trouble, and she even made me a very welcoming cup of tea after my journey. Our room was furnished to a very high standard, the beds were a dream to sleep in, everything surpassed my expectations and as for the breakfast the next morning, well what can I say. I will definitely be using this guest house again. The close proximity of the guest house to the train station and the town were a great bonus.

Our room faced the street but we didn't have any problems with noise. I would recommend this guest house to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gail C
Cranage
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was working on site in Dover during 2010 and upto June 2011, I usually stayed elsewhere however on this occasion I found number 7 Priory and I wished it had been there earlier. The Georgian terrace house is so easy to find from the station, although on a busy road then noise was not an issue. The house is tastefully decorated and spotless. Like globetrotter132 I also stayed in the basement room and there was no mildew or mustiness plus there was a lock on the door handle that you turned through 90 degrees to lock.

As other reviewers have said, the breakfast was gourmet standard with high quality ingredients.

The bed and sheets

Grace is fantastic and is a great conversationalist.

As someone who stays away on business at least 2 nights a week, staying in B&B's and everything upto 5* hotels then I can honestly say that Number 7 is on my places to stay list when in the SE of Kent. Usually I don't sleep very well on the first night in a hotel but I sleep like a log as the bed was so comfortable and the crisp cotton sheets made it perfect.

Book it and enjoy the yourself.

Room Tip: Two double beds in the basement room