“Brilliant night stay”

Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here before sailing to France as a night stop over fantastic could not fault anything. I have worked in hotels for years and it is nice to hear great feedback.so here goes we arrived late after a long car journey to a very warm welcome and great assistance to help unload the car and very swift check in our room was large and very clean the bar service was brilliant and breakfast was awesome. Staff were friendly and the whole stay was comfortable and the best idea we had was to do the overnight stay great hotel and great value for money £99 2 adults and 1 child and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank missjuhoolie
bwmarina, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us .I have passed your comments to all staff concerned.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future

Anoob Saban

Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just had a great 4 night stay culminating with a fantastic 'Bombay Evening' - the Indian food was absolutely great. They hold the 'Bombay Evening' every Thursday and I would recommend it as an evening out whether hotel guest or not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without hot pipes running through it. Initially we had one and asked to move as room...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed the stay and our Bombay Night.

I have passed your comments to all staff and Chef involved.

Please do vsiit us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Was recommended this hotel by a colleague. Very happy with location, hotel and staff. Would recommend this hotel to anybody needing a room in the Dover area, whether on business or for pleasure. Very friendly staff, well decorated bedrooms (although mine was a little on the small size).

Room Tip: Some of the superior rooms offering a balcony are VERY small but offer great sea views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
bwmarina, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and would reccomend us to others.

My sincere thanks for that.I have also noted about the size of the room, as you know ours is a historical building the sizes and shapes of each room is different, however next time when you visit us please do contact me directly, I will assign a large room for you.

Many thanks again.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a very memorable Christmas experience at this hotel. The buffet on Christmas Eve was excellent and Christmas Day lunch just wonderful. Before lunch had a very relaxing time over coffees in the lounge overlooking the harbour watching the seas breaking over the harbour walls - just amazing. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and our seaview rooms were just lovely. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel for any visit. Idealy situated for the DeBradelie Wharf shops and Dover is a most interesting and very historic town to visit. The castle with the Napoleonic & wartime tunnels is exceptional.

Room Tip: The seaviews are exceptional - you may even have an inquisitive seagull sitting on the window sill.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
bwmarina, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your Christmas break with us.I have passed your appreciation to all the staff concerend.

Once again Sincere Thanks and I look forward to welcoming you in the near future

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Before Christmas we were looking for a hotel in Dover for the night before an early morning ferry departure. Having had a poor experience at the Premier Inn next to the ferry terminal (noisy party in restaurant, expensive given the hotel standard), we decided to try the Dover Marina Hotel next door. On entering, my wife was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by the Lady Mayoress of Dover, having bumped into her (literally) at a civic reception which was filling the entrance. So, the standard of party at least was definitely superior to that at the Premier Inn! We found our room spacious and well-appointed and good value for the price. The hotel overall has benefitted from a relatively recent renovation. We had dinner here and found the food good and the service excellent. Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback .

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us .

we will make sure to miantain and improve the standards to give you a pleasant expereience during your future vists.

Many Thanks again,

Looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went for a weekend holiday with my girlfriend and was very excited not until we check in. As we came in the back entrance of the hotel and straight to the reception. The receptionist saw us straight away from their back office. Thinking I will be served for the check in I was wrong we waited minutes before she came and attended us, not even an apologies for keeping us waiting or even a simple hello or greet us with a smile. That was the first poor service. As we had a long journey to get there we thought we will have a late lunch in the bar. As we sat at the table next to the window again we thought we will get some service we have waited for 15minutes so I went to the bar instead asking if I can order some food. It will be too long to mention all the poor service that we received from the staff. If it wasn't for the beautiful room and a beautiful view that we have that weekend would have been ruined completely.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TJM86

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding yoru recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenieces caused .I will make sure to retrain all my staff to improve the customer service level.

I would be grateful if you could get in touch with me personally either on 01304203633 or by email at gm@dovermarinahotel.co.uk so that we cna disucss this in detail.

Once again my sincere apologies

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed for two nights 28th Dec 12 - 30th Dec 12. Room 404
Reception team (John and Lucy) extremely helpful. Arrived and informed car park around the back and given a free parking pass. The hotel has two entrances, front and back. Our room was on the fourth floor and we had requested a sea view. Was not disappointed. The room was fairly roomy, however only had one chair (double room). Usual tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer, dressing table, tv. Iron and Ironing board in wardrobe. No trouser press (not that we wanted one but just pointing out) and no mini bar/fridge. Room was clean and fresh. Like a fellow trip advisor, we too noticed the toilet rim, not nice but the rest of the bathroom clean. We did have a bedding issue but this was rectified quickly and efficiently.
The evening restaurant team are equally helpful and the food cooked well. The breakfast on the first day 29th was great with an egg chef at the ready and plenty of the team around however on the 30th, we had to wait and eventually ask for the egg chef, the hot plates run out and the team seamed not so helpful.
The Bar team are fun and happy to chat. We also ate here on our second night where they offer a bar food menu. Lovely. Nice choice of whisky and brandy too. Rob should get a mention here for being helpful, loaning us a bottle opener for our own brought drinks in our room. TIP, as it was bitterly cold, we left our larger/beer bottles on the ledge outside our window.
Took a walk along the very clean beach and to the cliffs. We also walked to the castle and spent the day there.
Didn’t use the gym facility.
Will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

I have made a note of all your positive as well as negative comments and please be asusured that I will work on the negative comments so that I can serve you better during your next visit.

Please do contact me directly so that i can make necessary arrangements for your next visit.

Once again my sincere Thanks

Anoob Saban

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Ramada Dover
The White Cliffs Hotel
The White Cliffs Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Margaret's at Cliffe
Premier Inn Dover (A20) Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!