Hotel is in a prime spot, right on the sea front and away from the busy and noisy A20. Tries to be a four star hotel, but doesn’t quite get there.
Had a “superior” room with a balcony which had great views and would have been nice to sit out on had it been warm and sunny. However the room was stuffy on a wet night and we suspect that had the day been sunny the room could have been the sauna that some previous reviewers had experienced. Bathroom acceptable, shower a bit feeble and the bath is narrow so that standing in it to shower felt awkward.
Plenty of staff who were both friendly and seemed genuinely happy.
Breakfast was great, lots of choice and plenty of it, definitely good for those with big appetites.
Minus points; rooms really need air-con, the hotel is a bit of a warren and not really disabled friendly, a bigger-faster lift is needed too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new 81 room Best Western Dover Marina Hotel is set in a Georgian Terrace building and commands stunning views across the Dover seafront with the famous Dover castle in the background. It is centrally located just a few minutes from the Ferry and Cruise terminals and 5 minute walk from the town centre, the hotel facilities include Free Wifi, a Restaurant, Bar & Lounge, and Coffee Shop brewing Starbucks Coffee and Movenpick Icecream.The Waterfront Spa will be open from 01st March 2013 offering a range of Beauty Tretments, Manicure, Pedicure and Massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Dover Marina Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Dover Marina Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Dover Marina Hotel Dover
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Dover Marina Hotel & Spa England, UK