“Avoid, avoid, avoid!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Kent, United Kingdom
“Avoid, avoid, avoid!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I've literally only given this Nandos restaurant 2 stars, because I am a fan of Nandos food itself and this particular branch lets the name down!

Terrible service, DIRTY tables (never cleaned, even after you are seated), incorrect food orders!

Consistently awful experiences at the Chatham nandos, especially with the lack of cleaning. Every time I go here, I seem to get sat at a dirty table and the waitresses just ignore it. They just don't care. Twice have they forgotten either a side or a starter and have just offered to 'refund it' rather than actually serve it to me.

Although my last visit to this restaurant a month ago was a lot better than previous experiences, I would still actively avoid going here again. I'd actually drive further and go to the one in Maidstone or Bluewater...

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank travelkat90

London, United Kingdom
“ok!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

One of the busiest Nando's i'v visited. No matter what time you go it always seems to be busy!
Apart from having to wait sometimes it's a really good restaurant, never had an bad experiences & the food has always been nice. Staff are always pleasant.
Best to go just before or after lunch/dinner so you don't get caught in the crowds tho!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank LauraBowyer
London
“Chatham Nando's Avoid It”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Seated soon upon arrival, the restaurant wasn’t particularly busy. Ordered the food and the food arrived soon enough. Full platter served with two large sides. Could’ve fooled me, we were served what looked like a regular side of chips and rice. The breast portions of the chicken were too dry and the leg’s and thighs were battered and bruised with lots of skin and fat. Of course it’s Nando’s and you know what to expect, but the quality isn’t there anymore. Worse this Nando’s has been consistently bad. Avoid if you can.

• Visited April 2012
kent
“Half hour wait and not worth it !”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I visited with my 6 year old daughter , the que was out the door , I am 8 months pregnant and had to wait with smokers gathering outside , I gave my name and told half hour wait with nowhere to sit ! My daughter was getting tired of waiting , we eventually got our table right next to the front door ! Dirty table and freezing cold ! Another que to order food ! I had enough , walked out and had beans on toast , staff rude and not worth the wait , I've visited other nandos and always had a great experience .

1 Thank catz2Kent
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Slightly lost its authenticity, but food still as nice!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

With this restaurant being so close to the universities at Medway campus it is filled to the brim every night, the noise levels don't make for a brilliant atmosphere and it can feel quite squashed. Much better atmosphere at lunchtime! The staff are friendly and I can't fault the food. Nandos is my all time favourite restaurant but they need to work on keeping the standards up and hold on to the appeal!