“Good but not excellent”

and 1 more site!
St. George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here overnight as had a Christmas party here. Looked really dated from the outside. Very quick and helpful check in. Lovely room, BUT when I went to use the loo, it already had pee in it, so had been used and not flushed, there was also hair on the bathroom floor. No milk in the bedroom for morning cuppa either. Having said all that. The room was lovely, the bed was huge and very comfortable. The party itself was very well organized, the food was excellent and the service was brill. The young people who served us, were worth their weight in gold, polite and very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Loose tatty from the outside, tired reception, stained carpets. Was pleasantly impressed with the room, which had a large bed, much better decor than the rest of the hotel and a large room. I decided to take a shower only to realise there wasn't one...

I eat here twice, both times my food was overcooked despite being ordered medium rare. If you don't mind overcooked food, not being able to shower in the morning and loud noise from functions this place is great value for money. Not really suitable for business trips though

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony D
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I can't recommend this hotel enough for a great party night. I took 22 of my clients and all had a thoroughly good time. We danced until 12.45am and had a lovely 4 course meal. I will be booking next year without a doubt!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Arrived early afternoon and took up their disabled slot under cover, booked in and brought my luggage in through the back door by arrangement. Welcomed by reception who were aware of the reunion dinner for 100 that evening. Changed into best bib and tucker and got lift to the Banqueting Hall. Again welcomed with an option for sparkling wine or soft drink to chat with previous school mates of more than 50 years ago - many older!
Delightful dinner served by young staff who were pleasant and helpful. Escorted back to my room by a complete stranger taking pity on my disabled condition of restricted mobility so needing help up steps. Breakfast next morning was very good and served by very helpful young people. Booking out was easy despite the queue and a beautiful young lady volunteered to help when I asked about porterage. She carried both my bags down to my car via the locked back door, opened by arrangement with reception. It was an excellent stay in a comfortable bed and room and not only will I stay again but also recommend it to my friends and family. Well done, St George!

Room Tip: Back rooms overlook the river, the front rooms look out on a park.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bookman_12
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Spent a weekend there with friends, booked 3 double rooms and on arrival we were asked if we would like to upgrade, the receptionist had kept it back for us to decide as we had made all the arrangements which we really appreciated. In fact the receptionist was lovely, very friendly and chatty both on arrival and departure. Room was very good but we did have some problem with the water pressure in the jacuzzi and would have preferred just a shower! Plenty of teas and coffee, nice view of the river and a comfy bed.
We attended a function during the evening and the food was excellent as was the entertainment!
Breakfast was very good though our friends appeared to wait a very long time for the coffee pot to be replenished!!
Good location, reasonable rates, pleasant stay, can recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed there last Saturday. Nothing special.
Very noisy in room 314 - until midnight. - I had to go out for a walk to get away from
the noise.
Had my bag checked at reception earlier......what's that about? Too intrusive.....

Breakfast was a very nice tick box affair.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We booked a party package to celebrate our wedding earlier in the week.
The manager, Roland Stanley, could not have been more pleasant, more accomodating or more professional.
He and his staff ensured that we had the most fantastic night to celebrate our marriage.
The disco was superb, the dance floor was full all night (thank you Steve Ware)
The buffet was excellent, good quality food.
Our guests have commented on how fantastic the evening was and so many have stated that it was the best party they had been to in a very long time.
The evening could not have been more successful, a perfect way to start our married life, we had so much fun!
Thank you so much to all the staff who made our evening so special.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank MartyHel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Gordon House Hotel
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Ship & Trades
Ship & Trades
#6 of 6 in Chatham

Been to St. George Hotel? Share your experiences!