“well done to mickeys”

Mickey's Cafe & Diner
Ranked #44 of 134 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Mickey's Diner we offer something for everyone. We offer a wide range of meals, including:All day breakfastsCarveryKids mealsHome made specialsSnacks and light bitesSteak dinnersFish and chips
Reviewed June 1, 2012

i couldnt dissagree more with the two star rating of sgamvale. Mickeys used to be a Little Chef that closed and was turned into a place that tries its best to give you a personal service (not always possible at busy times) but they are often busy which must say something as when it was Little Chef it was very quiet. As for the breakfast description they could not have read the menue properly. Yes you can have a cheap basic breakfast as described (not everybody wants there plate piled high with bacon and fried bread) but if you wish you can have extra items so sgamvale could have had 10 rashers of bacon if they wanted. Also you can choose to have fresh tomatoes instead of tinned. They try to accomodate if an item is not on the menue (remember the personal service). I love fried onions, not on the menue, but if i ask they always fry some for me. I do agree about the fried bread though. Most times it comes as a crust but if you know that you can ask for normal slices. They also have a carvery (not every day) are open in the evenings and do a Sunday roast and extra breakfast items are 70p. You have to remember it is basically a travellors restaurant located next to a petrol station but they have tried hard there and that is why i say well done mickey.

There are newer reviews for Mickey's Cafe & Diner

Reviewed March 6, 2012

When will cafe owners realise that one rasher of bacon, one sausage and one egg does not constitute a full English. This was one of the worst breakfasts I have ever had. Apart from the above the plate was swimming in tinned tomato juice, copious baked beans, mushrooms and a fried crust. The tea was cold and the service slow. The decor is pleasant enough as were the staff but the breakfast was just plain awful. We won't be going back.

2  Thank sgamvale
Michael5858, Owner at Mickey's Cafe & Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi there, sorry for the extremely late reply. First of all I'd like to thank you for your complements on my staff and decor. I work extremely hard to make sure Mickey's has a fun, different and vibrant decor.

Unfortunately I'm struggling to understand your comment about a full English breakfast, as Mickey's provides a wide range of breakfast's, some full English, some not. We also provide a 'pick & choose' service where you can create your own kind of breakfast and pick from an extremely wide range of breakfast foods. Mickey's does not claim that every single one of our breakfast's are 'full English', however, some are and judging by your comment you didn't choose one of or full English breakfasts so with all due respect I can't help but ask why you didn't choose one of our other bigger breakfast's that would of suited your opinion of a full English?

I will most definitely take into account your comment about the slow staff and look into this right away.

I advise anyone with disappointing reviews to always give Mickey's Diner another go and we can assure you better service next time.