“Great stay”

Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We booked for one night when attending a family party nearby. The hotel was easy to find and close to the motorway. The hotel was clean and the rooms were well equipped. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Reasonably priced too when booked in advance. Would recommend!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank northernmonkey29
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that the hotel met your expectation and need to stay in the area. I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future
Paul Ellison, General Manager

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great Hotel, easy to find of the motorway and close to a few pubs and Asda.

Check In was friendly and welcoming, our room was on the first floor (112) overlooking the main road. The room was a little dark due to some trees directly in front of our window but it didn't bother us. The room was a little noisy from the traffic, but once again it didn't inconvenience us.

The room was clean, tidy and welcoming and had an easy to operate air conditioning system. The room also had a small fridge which was free to use.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Batterby
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Used this as a stop off en route to the ferry at Dover.

Room was comfortable and big enough.

The pool was good with steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. Also had a small gym but enough to do a workout on.

Staff were pleasant although when I asked for the fold out bed to be made up for two children rather than one as it had been, the receptionist informed me that I had told him I only had one child (they were both stood with me at the time and to be honest you don't tend to forget that sort of stuff). Even if I had said that he didn't need to pull me up on it. Other than that a pretty much perfect stay.

Didn't dine there as it appeared to be a bit expensive. There's an Asda directly opposite which is handy.

And all this for £51 for the room.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Yellabowley
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! Thank you for your comments, as per previous communication we have taken appropriate steps within the hotel related to your feedback. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Booked a 3 night stay for a group in July. Our arrival at check-in went very smoothly and everyone was checked-in quickly. From the group there was no complaints about the rooms, clean and tidy.The only problem getting to my Room 59 was the walk from Reception which was roughly 150-170 yards away. Breakfast was buffet style with something for everyone`s taste.
The problem some of our group had was on the Friday and Saturday nights there was an over 30`s night and a disco and the music was very loud making sleeping not very easy. The swimming pool is a good little extra at this Holiday Inn and was used by some of the group. All in all a good stay

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Room away from the disco/party area otherwise sleeping is no possible until 2-3...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank John G

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you and your group had an enjoyable stay with us. I do apologise that some of your group was affected by the function happening in the hotel on the Friday night, I do take on board your comments. We do aim to ensure that our guests are situated away from the event to ensure they are not disturbed. I am pleased to hear that you had the chance to enjoy our leisure facilities and of breakfast service. I do hope that the will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed for 1 night in a family room, yes it was rather a long walk from reception to the room but once inside there was everthing you could need. Decent air con, nice little fridge and a decent pull out sofa. The bathroom was clean and plenty of towels provided and plenty of hot water in the shower. There is a pool area you can use, but we did not have time but it did look clean. The breakfast in the morning was very good everthing you could want to start the day off. All the staff we came across we very polite and helpful, all in all a very good nights staff for what we paid, and will look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nacdac
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel offered everything you needed for your stay. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and that next time you will have the time to enjoy our leisure facilities.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed here with my family whilst visiting relatives. The room was basic yet functional. It had a small fridge which was useful. We had one of the family rooms which was large, however, it was located a good 5 minutes walk from reception including a set of stairs even though the room was supposedly on the ground floor.

Cleaning was good and the room, though dated, was very clean.

We did not use the bar or restaurant.

The hotel could do with a vending machine for basics like bottles of water.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear that the facilities suited the needs of your stay. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The De Havilland Suite is functional but lacking a bit of character. The food was a bit late being brought out and they didn't seem to be monitoring the teas, coffees and juices, so they ran out. They opened the bar for those who wanted to purchase drinks (which we hadn;t requested) but there were not enough staff. It's the nlack of attention to detail that willl let a big organisation down. I didn't have the buffet food but my husband thought it was "average".

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of your recent event at the Hotel, I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with some aspects of your event. I have passed your feedback to the Conference Manager to evaluate the details of your event and address the issues you have raised. She will be in touch with you very shortly to discuss these details further. I do apologise that your event did not meet your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
#3 of 6 in Chatham
The Inn on the Lake
The Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Shorne

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!