Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Ship & Trades(Chatham)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspancake machinesofa bedswimming poolhealth clubblack puddingstayed here for two nightsbusiness hotelwould stay againleisure centresteam roomdecent sizeplenty of parkingchanging roomsbreakfast was excellentmedway townstea and coffeeexcellent value for money
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Started well with a swift and efficient check-in. Then we went to our room and impressions took a serious knock.

The room was tiny and boiling hot. The walls were marked and in obvious need of a lick of paint. The light switch for the bathroom had a piece of plaster missing at the side - which was unsightly and possibly dangerous. We managed to cool the room down by using the airconditioning - but it was noisy. The result was a poor nights sleep with the choice between being boiled or enduring the air-con droning. We couldn't keep the wndow open because of the main road traffic noise.

We also noticed badly marked ceiling tiles in the corridor around the lift. It looked like there'd been a leak from the roof at some time. In places the tiles had broken and exposed the inner insulation. not the standard I'd expect from a Holiday Inn.

However.... Breakfast was really good. We're always suspicious of buffet breakfasts as they are often luke warm at best. Everything was piping hot and very tasty.We also loved the fresh pancake machine. Just press OK, wait a couple of minutes and out pop freshly cooked pancakes - delicious! Again the staff were really helpful, offering endless supplies of tea and coffee.

Overall I think the staff are being seriously let down by the Holiday Inn group. They're doing a fabulous job but need the group to invest some money in decor and repairs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shadylady57
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear shadylady57,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room condition, air conditioning. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Quick check in having already pre-paid, good instructions and signage to locate the room and afterwards back to the reception. The room was clean and spacious, rather warm on arrival but fortunately the air con cooled it down quite quickly. Bathroom/shower good, towels, large and soft. Did not eat an evening meal or try the bar as I was visiting family. Had a good night undisturbed sleep with a quick check out in the morning. Breakfast was not taken (see below).

Two things I think could be improved:-
Lighting in car park - fairly dark on my arrival.
Having the breakfast option for say £8 for 1 visitor rather than just charging £16 for up to two visitors. Paying £16 for a single breakfast is rather over the top when just a basic breakfast of cereal is required so I brought my own cereal and frozen milk along.

Room Tip: Odd number room (109) was overlooking a central area not on the road side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and most importantly a good nights sleep. Thank you for the feedback with regards to the lighting in the car park I will be reviewing this issue. We offer breakfast vouchers which can be purchased on arrival for £11.95 per person or breakfast if taken on the day is £15.95 per person. We do offer a light selection of breakfast items such as toast or muffins in our bar area for guests who do not wish to take a full breakfast. I hope you might find this helpful in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Surprisingly quiet, except for dining area - dreadful music. Staff generally very helpful. Confusion over opening times of restaurant and payment of bill. Unhappy with disabled parking area - poor lighting at night-time in car park area. Arrived in rain in the dark, found entrance poorly marked.Food good and breakfast very good. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you found the music in the restaurant dreadful, I appreciate the feedback and take on board your comments. Thank you for your feedback with regards to the car park, please be assured I will be investigating the issue further to identify how we can improve the visibility for our guests. I am glad that you had a good stay overall and enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the hotel. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Spent a pleasant Friday & Saturday evening in the hotel. Everything was very clean and tidy, plenty of car parking space and a nice view over the airfield (light aircraft & helo only), so absolutely no complaints. We had a very quiet room (161) on the first floor, which was a very long walk! My wife & young son enjoyed the pool too, which was a nice bonus. Having read some of the other reviews, I was quite unsure about the booking, but having stayed, as a Gold rewards member, I'd suggest it's definitely up to the standard of other UK Holiday Inn's. We did not eat in the hotel as we were busy at Brands Hatch all weekend.

Room Tip: Stay near the airfield and it's very quiet with no footfall in morning or at night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stu B

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and you had time to enjoy the leisure facilities. I do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again when you are visiting the area.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Enjoyed this hotel especially the leisure gym sauna spa etc really nice the gym small but enough machines there n good quality.food at resturant quite dear as with all hotel chains the breakfast was lovely as had stay and breakfast deal.rooms facing the road a little noisy if u av window open as found it hot in the room rooms are small but clean comfy bed and smart hotel at back faces a small airfield

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were able to enjoy the facilities we had to offer. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.