“Very good hotel”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Bucharest, Romania
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

After many years I had another stay in Chatham. This hotel has kept his fantastic service, in fact it has become better. As always, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was quite large and the bed excellent. If you are in Kent, stay there. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rainer S
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your kind recommendation to stay at the Holiday Inn Rochester, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoy staying at the hotel and that you would recommend to others. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We've stayed here before, but this time without the kids as it was wife's birthday and we enjoyed staying here last time.It is very close to motorway networks, and for us, close to the Bluewater shopping centre (around a 20 minute drive).

We had reserved an executive room as it was nice to have an extra touch being a special occasion. If you want 5 star luxury, then this hotel may not be for you, but it's clean, comfortable, friendly, good value for money, basically "doing the job".

Our check in was a pleasure and effortless. The duty manager (sorry I forgot your name) was very friendly and efficient.

The room was right at the far end of the hotel, partly looking over a local airport, but it was quiet and had no noise at all. The room was very clean, tidy and had some nice sliding shutters for the windows which kept out the light if you wanted a lay in for example. There was a nice flat screen HD tv, tea/coffee making facilities with ample shower gels/soaps/shampoos/towels for the bathroom where you could have a bath or shower. The bed was a bit "slopy" but that was a minor issue. The safe was a nice feature, however I could not understand why for an executive room for 2 people, only 1 kit kat chunky and bathrobe was provided. If it's down to costs, then perhaps 2 of the smaller kit kats would be a better idea or just none at all rather than sharing the 1 chocolate bar ??!! Again, a minor comment, but I think it's worth considering.

Dinner, well we were going to eat in the hotel, but that night it was an Indian buffet and my wife does not like Indian food so we passed on that, but it was reasonable value at around £15. There is a Harvester going towards Maidstone, around 4 miles away so we went there.

The leisure facilities were lovely, with a lovely warm pool, hot tub, sauna, all clean, tidy, ample towels and all complementary which is one of the main reasons why we came here.

Breakfast was fantastic. Our room rate did not include breakfast but we obtained some vouchers from reception and for around £11 it comprised of some lovely fruits, pastries, cereals, traditional English, juices and tea/coffee, basically whatever you wanted. The highlight had to be the pancake maker. This was the first time we experienced this in UK Holiday Inn's and a touch of a button made some lovely pancakes. Then you could dress them with the usual syrups or in my case, some fruit and yogurt, lovely..........

Check out was a pleasure again, with a nice feature of complementary tea/coffee as you leave, which in our case was on to Bluewater.

Thank you Holiday Inn for making my wife's birthday extra special.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are mainly executive ones near to the back of the hotel.The hotel has 2 floors, accessed...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Superhoop68
Thank you for taking your time to write a detailed review of your recent visit with us, I am very pleased to hear that you and your wife had an enjoyable weekend with us, and I hope she enjoyed her birthday and the shopping. Thank you for the feedback with regards to the amenities in the room, I do apologise that there was only one Kit Kat; we would certainly have managed to cater you both, we did not expect you to share, I have feed this over sight back to the Housekeeping Manager, next time we will ensure there is two! I am glad you managed to have time to relax and enjoy the leisure facilities. The pancake machine at breakfast has certainly been a hit with our guests, so I am pleased you managed to find a topping to suit you. I do hope that we will welcome you back again for another celebration in the future
South West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Quick stopover for business - needed to be in Kent for a couple of days.

Fantastic welcome, ample free parking and great meet and great from Sam. Dee and Deena were very helpful with food and drinks - much better than other local chains.

PROS

Onsite - pool, gym, sauna
Decent bar
Late food options (bar food to 11pm)
Free Parking

CONS

None

Would thoroughly recommend this location and all the staff should be proud of the experience they provide.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank HA_DAN
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you very much for the great feedback with regards to our staff, I will ensure that they are recognised personally within the hotel. I do hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed one night as a party of four last week. We arrived around 19.00 and check in was effortless. The plan was to meet in reception and head to the local pub for a meal, however after reading a few negative feedbacks we decided to stay put and eat at the hotel. A great decision because the food was excellent. The steak was done exactly how three of us asked for (the other person had a burger), service was great and the staff all friendly. Prices for the meal was as you would expect in a hotel of that size. Sleep was great with comfortable bed and quiet surroundings. I left early the next day for a business meeting, but not before enjoying an all you can eat buffet breakfast. My friends stayed and enjoyed the leisure facilities and all were happy with what they got. I thoroughly recommend this hotel, either for a few days away or an overnight business trip.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back, the front overlooks the main rd so may be a bit noisier.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fatboyfoo
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you and your party had an enjoyable stay with us and that you decided to dine in the hotel. I will certainly pass your feedback back to the team. I do hope that you will have a chance to experience the breakfast and leisure facilities on your next stay with us. Thank you once again for your positive review
Stratford Upon Avon
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The room was comfortable, quiet and well equipped. Pool looked nice but I didn't try it. One thing to beware of is finding the hotel with a Satnav - mine tried to take me somewhere else but I was lucky enough to see the hotel as I was being directed somewhere else!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mont1e
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the hotel. I am glad to hear that you found everything to your satisfaction and you had an enjoyable stay. I am sorry to learn that your sat nav was not accurate on finding us on this occasion, but now you know where we are we look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon
Cheshire
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Reception staff were friendly efficient and welcoming, Journey to room along slightly sad (and yes long) corridors (some redecorating needed) did not bode well but the room was fine, if a little warm and the air con was limited to 19Deg C - a bit pointless. I opened the window instead. Room was very quiet otherwise but too warm to sleep with the window closed.

Nipped down to the bar to get a quick snack and a drink...and things did not go well. The person behind the bar (who was not warm at all) told me that there was a problem with my credit card (which I doubted as I had just paid for the room etc with it 15 minutes previously). Tried another to be told the same. I asked to see the machine and the display said 'failed to connect' I explained that it was a problem with the machine not my card. At that point a member of management appeared and the bar person said 'the machine is playing up again' so why did she try to tell me there was a problem with my card! Anyway, new person was very helpful and I ended up paying cash, no problem. When my meal arrived it was plonked on my table by the same bar person with no cutlery or directions to where it could be found. The food was OK, but nothing great.

Breakfast was a help yourself affair for cold stuff and the buffet was good, Hot food was cooked to order. I asked for Coffee twice to no avail, on the third asking the waitress said "you should have shouted up earlier"! It was too surreal to comment on, I just smiled and remembered I was leaving in 10 minutes!

BTW - The WiFi was free to use but it seems like they advertise that you need to pay!

Leisure facilities looked OK but I did not use them.

Unfortunately I have to rate it as average because in my experience it was, but I expected Holiday Inn to aim higher.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Paul E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for your feedback with regards to the room heating and corridors. I do apologise that your experience in the bar and at breakfast were not to our usual high standard, I will pass your feedback on to the F&B Manager to review your feedback with her staff, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return again.
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a busy but convenient hotel. Although it is in a lively location, the sound insulation from exterior noises is good and ample parking is provided. Access to the hotel entrance is a bit constrained for mobility impaired folk but it is still do-able. The rooms are spacious (although the beds could be a bit bigger) and clean and are well provided (we had a fridge, ironing board and iron as well as a hairdrier). The en suite bathroom was very well equiped. WiFi is available in a number of packages with TV but seems a bit expensive if all you require is a connection for your emails. The staff were friendly and courteous throughout. Breakfast from the buffet is OK but the items can get a little dried out (fresh items can, however, be requested and I recommend the pancake machine and the poached eggs). The attached gym and swimming pool (with jacussi and sauna) are excellent and a real bonus for folk who like an active stay. A word of advice, accessing the hotel from the Rochester direction on Maidstone Road in difficult and it is better to come along the back road and circle around the location.

Room Tip: The rooms are generally spacious but it is calmer away from the reception area. Checking deals onlin...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent review on your stay at the hotel, I am pleased to hear that generally your overall stay was very satisfactory and that you were able to sample both the breakfast offering and the leisure facilities that we have to offer on site. There is only one access into the hotel, so if you are coming from Rochester, you do have to pass the hotel and come back on yourself to access the car park or as you suggest come through the back roads. I do hope that you will come and visit the hotel again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
#8 of 15 in Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
Village Hotel Maidstone
#4 of 15 in Maidstone

Been to Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham? Share your experiences!