The hotel and room was pretty much as advertised, but if i'm honest over-priced, but a necessity as the location was ideal for a local business trip.
I went to the hotel restaurant for my evening meal on the saturday, to be made to wait in excess of 45 minutes, with chaotic, disorganised staff doing seemingly very little to actually deliver food, when my undercooked, overpriced (and i suspect boil in the bag) meal turned up, my pork was undercooked, greasy and slimy, the man serving, simply shrugged his shoulders and told me "thats how it comes" when I questioned it.
Including drinks, I went to bed, £30 lighter, and feeling rather unhappy. I awoke next day and opted to skip breakfast as I looked into the restaurant to see food baking under lights, far too much like a service station for my liking. I returned for lunch, mainly due to lack of knowledge of an alternative location, and went for the roast dinner carvery. To my surprise, the meat was well portioned and well cooked, but upon cutting into my vegetables, there seemed to be more crunch than expected, and upon biting into my carrots, this was definitely the case, stone cold and i suspect shown hot water, but not actually immersed in it.
I attempted to summon the young man who had served me, but was unable to catch his eye, but an extremely courteous young lady called Kim, listened to my concerns (the first time I felt that someone had in 2 days!) and disappeared into the kitchen, emerging with a fresh batch of vegetables, that were actually cooked.
It seems so trivial, but it was the first time I felt like any member of staff paid an ounce of attention, let alone demonstrated an ability to perform their job.
When I finished my meal, I left a tip, implicitly stating it was for her, for her help, I just hope she actually got it. Why the rest of the disinterested staff can't offer the same level of decency is beyond me, customers deserve better, and that lady deserves to be part of a better team.
I will in-future seek alternative accommodation I feel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel. This modern, well equipped hotel contains fully air-conditioned bedrooms all with high speed internet access. With our mix of Double, Twin & Family Rooms (Kids Stay & Eat Free) and fuly equipped Spirit Health & Fitness Centre with Pool, the hotel is the ideal location for both business & leisure travellers.The Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel is ideally located for key attractions including Leeds Castle, Historic Dockyard Chatham, Rochester Cathedral, Dickens World & Brands Hatch Race Circuit. Access to the Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel is easy via both the M2 & M20, or by train to Rochester station, making the hotel a central base for touring Kent or a convenient stop-off en-route to Folkestone and Dover.For Conference & Events, the hotel has fantastic facilities for all types of Meetings, Functions & Ceremonies within the Academy Conference Centre. Click here for more info. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham Hotel Chatham
- Holiday Inn Chatham
- Chatham Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham Kent, UK