This hotel reminded me once again why I should think twice before I book a Holiday Inn. Whilst it is in a good location with ample parking, it's own leisure centre and conference facilities it still lacks the basic requirements for the business visitor in terms of value for money.
You find most rooms at Holiday Inn's are around the £100 mark. However, you are left feeling as if they want to squeeze every last penny out of you in terms of add on services.
The rooms here are excellent and very clean and tidy. They are spacious and the hotel environment if not a little clinical is well maintained. There are no vending machines and the hotel is a little out of the way in terms of popping over the road for something to eat so you might feel obliged to buy one of their £20 for a two course or £25 for a three course meal inc drinks for fairly average meals.
The beds are comfortable although nothing special. The facilities provided are good. However, if you want to watch a film you will get charged a wacking £8.50 to watch it in your room. If you want an hour on the internet it will cost you a fiver and if you want the full entertainment film packing and internet they will be happy to take £28 off you. This is the reason why I do not really like Holiday Inns. Many charge for parking too although in this case the parking is free.
The breakfast was reasonable albeit a little boring. Staff were helpful and efficient but you got the impression they were tired with the place and uninspired by it. It is not one of the better places I have stayed in and it certainly isn't great value for money.
Better deals are to be had with the Premier Inn who excel with their breakfast provisions or with the Best Western Group which although a bit hit or miss is certainly far better in terms of value. Would I stay again? Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel. This modern, well equipped hotel contains fully air-conditioned bedrooms all with high speed internet access. With our mix of Double, Twin & Family Rooms (Kids Stay & Eat Free) and fuly equipped Spirit Health & Fitness Centre with Pool, the hotel is the ideal location for both business & leisure travellers.The Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel is ideally located for key attractions including Leeds Castle, Historic Dockyard Chatham, Rochester Cathedral, Dickens World & Brands Hatch Race Circuit. Access to the Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham hotel is easy via both the M2 & M20, or by train to Rochester station, making the hotel a central base for touring Kent or a convenient stop-off en-route to Folkestone and Dover.For Conference & Events, the hotel has fantastic facilities for all types of Meetings, Functions & Ceremonies within the Academy Conference Centre. Click here for more info. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham Hotel Chatham
- Holiday Inn Chatham
- Chatham Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham Kent, UK