“Food wasn't that good decor is better.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Porters Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #84 of 128 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Porters Bar & Restaurant came under new ownership from nov 2013. We have created an entire new team and kitchen team. New menu will be launched on St Georges Day 2014
“Food wasn't that good decor is better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Been I several occasions to the Porter's Bar,food is average at best.On last visit we ordered 2 paninis which turned up looking nice but on tasting they were really greasy.I don't think I'll be going back there in a hurry.

• Visited May 2013

Gillingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“RIPPING BLOODY CHICKEN FROM MY BABIES MOUTH”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I visited for the Saturday afternoon BBQ with my partner, 2 daughter a baby boy. After biting into a burger dripping with blood, I took my sons from him and gave him some chicken instead....while I like my beef rare, I didn't trust this place enough to feed it to the baby. A few minute later, I bit into a pork rib and as I did so, blood poured out. I mentioned it to a member of staff and the response I got was...'I can give it to the chef to put back on the bbq if it's not done enough for your tastes'...erm...PORK! I went back to my table emptied my plate and went back up for more in the hope the next round of meat would be cooked through. I came back to the table to find my daughter had also cut into a bloody pork rib. I told my family to stop eating at this point and decided to double check the chicken my boy had been eating....and you'll never guess what happened there!...I had to false a baby to spit out his food (which was upsetting for him as he thought he had done something wrong) and we promptly left. On the way out I went to the barman and told him, to which he responded...'okay, I'll let the chef know'. No refund, no apology and we left with empty bellies and £35 out of pocket. Quite an upsetting event for my family and I...We are now keeping our fingers crossed that we don't get ill from it!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Candrew81
Gt Yarmouth
“Lovely Sunday Roast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good Roast Plenty of Meat on the down side the Carvery is up 3 steps they did help carry the plate for me

Visited June 2013
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Walked out due to awful staff. Didn't get as far as ordering food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Having just been around the excellent Dickens World Tour, we stopped off at Porters.

According to their website, "Here you will always find a warm, family friendly atmosphere welcoming you to our Dickensian themed establishment.".

Sadly that was not our experience.

Went to the bar to request a menu, as the tables only had wine lists. Once the staff member behind the bar has finished chatting with his mates he told me, "s'on the table". I pointed out this was not the case and suffled about for a while before thrusting a copy my way.

We had a look over and I went to order some drinks and the food. Three staff members seemed reluctant to provide the warm friendly welcome and eventually one slouched over to take the order. I only got as far as a glass of water, when the phone rang and without so much as an, "excuse me" she slouched off to answer the phone. Then she trooped off to the other end of the establishment and vanished through the back doors.

Here ends the review. They did not seem to want me to order anything. So we left..

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank barnum42
kent england
“food was lovely, good value and staff friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

After being in Dickens World Porters was right next door, the food was lovely and plenty of it and very good value. All the staff was helpful and very friendly. Would go again and recommend to anyone. Only slight negetative was the table was really sticky but that was all!

Visited June 2013