“Birthday party”

Buckmore Park Kart Circuit
Ranked #7 of 32 things to do in Chatham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Nestled in the North Kent downs and surrounded by picturesque woodland lies the beating heart of British karting and following the recent redevelopment by the late John Surtees CBE, it is put simply, one of the most stunning motorsport locations in the United Kingdom. Buckmore Park has been making pulses race for over fifty years. Since its launch in 1963, it has become the breeding ground for many young drivers, eager to cut their teeth before moving on to different types of motorsport, this list includes Triple F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button. But aside from being a bona fide, blue-blooded race circuit, Buckmore has something to offer everyone, no experience necessary. Whether it’s for that first taste of motorsport or just another box checked on the bucket list, thousands of adults and children flood to the circuit each year to experience the twist, turns and adrenaline rush of driving on hallowed tarmac. During the spring and summer months there is plenty of availability for all ages four plus. Book online, put the pedal to the metal and be sure to leave smiling from ear to ear.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My son had his 13th Birthday party here. He and his friends did laser tag in the woods and then karting followed a presentation with a trophy for the fastest lap time and then by a meal. We found all staff to be very pleasant, totally taking control of 10 very excited teens which left two very relaxed parents to have a coffee. The day was very well organised and my son was made to feel a million dollars. Apparently there were 8 separate parties on the same day as my son's but you never would have known it as it was so smooth. Food choices were great and all the boys had a great time. Thank you so much to the Buckmore Park team for making my son's milestone party so special.

3  Thank Peschie

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Booked a 30 min endurance race for me and my son Cost Varies, Family watched from side lines. (free)
There is a Briefing before race, then a 15min pre race practice, Then dependent on your lap time you are placed on grid accordingly.
There were 35 cars in our race so very busy, Some regular kart drivers were a bit over enthusiastic in my opinion. Expect to be bashed into and / or possibly spin off. But great fun and safety is taken seriously.
Dependent on event can take upto 3 hours to complete Event.
All staff were very friendly and helpful.
Large Café, toilets changing room with lockers etc onsite, Free car park on site.
Just off jctn 3 of M2.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I took my teenage son and nephew to Buckmore Park today Wednesday 29th May, as it was a turn up "n" drive day. We were greeted warmly at reception where we filled out the usual forms and paid the £30.00 each fee for 30minutes Go-Karting 12-16 years, we were also given two £5.00 off vouchers for our next visit. The lads were given a professional introduction and safety briefing before being kitted out in the safety equipment, Racing Suit, Safety Helmet, Rib Protector, Neck Brace and Gloves. Then after another small safety brief from the track staff they were off around the track at speeds of 40mph+. The track staff were very professional and stopped the race every time there was an accident or spin out (if required). The stopping didn't take away any of the fun it heightened the race experience and the time was just right. Lads verdict "FANTASTIC FUN" enough said. Would recommend this experience for everyone.

1  Thank BIG_APL_68
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The boyfriend and I had a week off together and thought it would be fun to do some activities that you wouldn't normally be able to afford/go to on a weekend.

We knew Buckmore had a very good reputation and as we live only 40mins away we thought it would be a great way to spend the afternoon. Going on the website to check for bookings and a number to call I noticed that some of their Monday slots were 2 for 1. This meant we only had to pay £50 for the both of us - bargain!

From calling the receptionist to the instructors we were greeted with positive and fun customer service. The team made us feel at ease straight away.

The Karts and track were great fun - even in the rain! Although I had originally thought that 30mins would be too short, it turned out to be perfect timing.

1  Thank chantelle j
Reviewed May 23, 2013

If only it were closer my son would be able to do more driving. As it is he has done the first 2 Bambino lessons at Buckmore Park and will be doing his 3rd at Brands Hatch. However, back to Buckmore.
It is easy to find with ample parking. They have a small canteen with freshly cooked food available and although it's nice it is a little pricey.
The actual teaching and driving was quite good and they have a small track for the Bambino drivers to use and go out in groups of 3 or 4 at a time. There are 3 parts to each lesson, each part gradually increasing in difficulty. Out of the 2 hours there is about 30 minutes driving time. My son was also given a little bit of homework (in the form of finding out the meanings of flags and colouring them in) to add to the learning experience.
All of the driving gear is provided ( apart from shoes so make sure they have trainers or van type shoes to wear) although you are welcome to bring your own gear.
I found the teaching staff quite good and they were very good with the kids.
We live over an hour away from the circuit yet the reputation and quality was worth the drive and £59 a lesson to see my son so exuberantly happy driving and sliding around the corners. Can't wait for the next one :-)