Tripadvisor

Tiger Moth
Ranked #7 of 25 Quick Bites in Chatham
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Tiger Moth is a large pub, which offers great food at a very reasonable price! We are very family friendly and children are welcome up until 9pm. We have five large screen TV's, one of which is 3D and one is outisde by the smoking area so you never have to miss any of the action! We have a good sized car park with 50 spaces including four disabled parking spaces.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a client meeting in the evening and suggested the Tiger Moth to meet up. A week later a £100 fine on my doormat. Didn't notice any signs and the staff didn't offer to refund my car park fee (even though I didn't know I had to pay any)
Will never spend money here again.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (473)

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Went to today to have lunch at tiger moth Rochester. Chose meat pie and chips. Pastry rock hard. Chips tasted reheated and not hot. Waitress changed food when I complained. Pie still terrible, chips better, but lost my appetite. Wont be going back

Date of visit: January 2020
Greene_K1ng, General Manager at Tiger Moth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Stephanie H, I really appreciate your honest feedback, and it will definitely be taken on board. I'm sorry for the experience you've had, and I hope you'll give us another try as this is not our usual standard.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Have visited pubs run by Greene King many times and always found the food to be good value for money, a good choice, with quick and pleasant service. This visit, the first here for many years was no exception. Busy but quick and efficient service with the usual well presented tasty food.
Now the downside..... Apparently it's company policy that all of it's pubs have chargeable car parking. The notice of terms & conditions are very lengthy, complicated and the small print makes it difficult to read. It's easy to see how mistakes are made. Charges are time fixed and if you choose two hours and overrun you generate a fine.....a time limit for spending time with friends in pub.! Clearly this policy is very unpopular and will result in the loss of business.
If you insist on charging to reduce abuse a simple one off no time limit charge which is refundable when purchasing at the bar. Many supermarkets used this process in the past but abandoned them because of client response.

Date of visit: January 2020
Greene_K1ng, Owner at Tiger Moth, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Hello Wengenite, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I have been going to this pub for nearly a year now, but having been caught out by the new parking system and patronised by the staff for bring up the idea that the system is harsh, I will never be going again.

I have been issued not one, but two charges, which means that at best I will be losing £120 for what is ultimately the result of the same error of judgement. If someone could show me how my actions have actually cost the company £120 I would understand perfectly, but any intelligent person knows how private car parking companies (such as Britannia in this case) truly make their money.

It's so sad how often the seismic impact such fines have on people who have very little is overlooked. What's perhaps even more sad, however, is the fact that the only answer I was offered in return for my despair at this was 'because you didn't buy a ticket' again and again and again, almost as if that the moral dimension to this doesn't matter. For the record, yes, I get why I have been issued the fines. But on extending that logic, there's nothing to prevent private companies from using this strategy to profit from people on the basis of personal error.

I say again: it was an error of judgement on my part, I accept, but there is absolutely no remorse from the Tiger Moth over this. In their own words 'there have been angry customers before you and there will be more after you': which to me, translates to them saying that they're too big to care.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank P5250OKthomasd
Reviewed January 9, 2020

Went to the Tigermoth 13 Dec Christmas with 10 other family members family dinner paid the car parking only to be sent a fine in the post which I appealed I did not keep my ticket cos why would you and asked them to check the machine which they advised they can't.

Date of visit: December 2019
Greene_K1ng, Owner at Tiger Moth, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Hi Z356putinac, I'd really appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your experience, if you have a spare moment please could you get in touch 01634 861653