“Great little hotel”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a great little hotel just off the M2, has a good gym & treatment rooms and a small pool, but its the catering that does it for me, Sunday lunch is a carvery at a very reasonable price and its delicious, a great choice. Staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for us

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Denny A,

Thank you for your great review rating service and value 5 out of 5. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in particular the great value Sunday Carvery Lunch.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed here a couple of years ago with a friend and we had a wonderful time - I couldn't fault it. It was therefore the obvious choice for a surprise treat for my friend's 30th birthday. I booked us on the Friday night package and booked a treatment for us each.

On our arrival, we checked in and the room was fine. We headed to the spa where it turned out that our treatments had been booked for different times and not both at 5pm as I had booked over the phone. Less than ideal as we were there for a girlie weekend and wanted to spend time in the spa together, not alone while the other had their treatment. I explained the mistake to the spa manager who wasn't interested, didn't offer an apology nor attempt to compensate us for the error. The therapist who did the treatments was excellent, it was just a shame the spa manager had such a terrible attitude and bad customer service.

The spa area is looking dated now, was quite grubby and is in desperate need of a make over. There weren't enough loungers for everyone and the two heated loungers were dominated by one couple for the entire time we were there. I had assumed we would get robes but this wasn't included in our package, which was disappointing. To top off a bad stay, the sauna was too hot and stripped the coating from my glasses, they were ruined and it has cost me hundreds of pounds to get them replaced. I have worn them in spas in the past and always remove them and hold them in my hand. There was no warning outside the sauna.

On checking out, someone had charged two beers to our room, even though we specified that we would settle bills as we went along rather than pay on check out - the receptionist admitted this charge was an oversight by the bar staff. It was rectified and we didn't have to pay, of course.

There were a couple of good points: the dinner was nice and service professional and we were offered a complimentary drink for my friend's birthday. Breakfast was of the same high standard as I had remembered.

A really disappointing stay which ended up costing me much more than it should have.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Emma A,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I’m really pleased you enjoyed your room and high standard of food during your break.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with the Spa and I have taken on board your feedback concerning the spa treatments and indeed the customer service issues that you have experienced. You have my assurances that any relevant re-training will be carried out where necessary.

Both our Sauna and Steam room facilities display the relevant warning signage from the Institute of Sport and Recreation Management, and unfortunately I am not able to locate any record of any damage being sustained to your spectacles having been discussed with my team at the hotel. Please do drop me a line should you wish to discuss the matter further.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We Stayed here while visiting friends. An excellent hotel, lovely and clean and great service from every member of staff we met. I would recommend the hotel as an ideal base for exploring the area especially the historic dockyard at Chatham.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear TechnoTrousers,

Thank you very much for your 5 out of 5 review. The team here are delighted with your feedback and I'm pleased you had a great stay. I look forward welcoming you back in the future for some more exploration of the local area?

Best Wishes

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed here for two nights half board and everything was excellent. The room was clean, large and had a good supply of all the things you expect and some we didn't (biscuits and toiletries). Breakfast was a buffet but the cooked selections were generally hot and restocked often so that they didn't dry out too much. There was also a good variety of cold options too.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear MissenB,

What a lovely review of your stay with us, thank you very much. I'm pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and your spacious room.

I hope that we'll be able to welcome you back soon

All the best

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have stayed at several 4 Star rated hotels and I would rate this as one of the best. Whilst agreeing that spa areas are a little tired and furnishings bland service cannot be faulted. Staff were friendly and helpful. Food, and service, were both excellent in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. The bedroom was clean and fresh and bed very comfortable. Would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear meldh2014,

Thank you for your review and recommendation. It’s lovely to get feedback about the attentiveness and helpfulness of the team. Chef sends his thanks for the comments concerning the food, and likewise my Housekeeper.

I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Spent a restful night between exploring Rochester and Chatham Historic Docks.
Excellent staff, a comfortable room and lovely breakfast.
Any issues resolved without fuss, a faulty trouser press (oh the horror) was replaced in moments.
Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Dan O,

Thank you for your balanced review. I’m pleased that you had a relaxing stay whilst exploring the locality and that the team responded quickly and efficiently to the maintenance problem you encountered.

I hope to see you back again soon

Many Thanks

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I went to the Bridgewood Manor Hotel with a couple of friends for afternoon tea.What a disapointment. The cake stand arrived with a selection of assorted sandwiches, not finger sandwiches but cut into quarters,They consisted of cheese and pickle , prawns , ham and egg mayonnaise which i might add were very dry.The next layer on the cake stand was a very tired looking madeira cake and banana cake.On the top layer were 3 scones, cream and jam.When i picked the scone up it felt like a brick! As to cutting into, you needed a chain saw.The coffee was served in a tea pot and the tea pot had coffee in. I did complain to the Manager, who was very pleasant who apologised and offered us more sandwiches and cakes. We declined the offer, but, he agreed to take half of the bill which we settled for. I have had afternoon tea here before several times and always enjoyed it, but, alas not this time.I also noticed the waste paper bin in the ladies was over flowing with used paper towels all over the floor. I did mention this to the manager who quickly rectified this. Standards appear to have slipped since my previous visit, which is such a shame, as this is a very pleasant hotel for afternoon tea.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Barry774,

Thank you for your review. It’s always disappointing to hear of dissatisfaction with our product or service and I’m sorry that on this occasion we didn’t get things quite right with your afternoon tea. Thank you also for affording us the opportunity to discuss and arrange recompense for you on the day in light of the issues you encountered and I am pleased that the shortcomings were quickly rectified.

You have my assurances that the points you have raised have been discussed in depth with both my food and beverage team and housekeeping team to ensure there is no re-occurrence.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
The King Charles Hotel
The King Charles Hotel
#1 of 2 in Gillingham

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!