“Quality and price that cannot be beaten”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
uk
“Quality and price that cannot be beaten”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Me and my friends went for a pamper package, could not fault anything here, food, staff, cleanliness, excellent value for money. Relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff from reception, to spa to cleaners. Best nights sleep on a very large bed, you could squeeze in three adults easily, now there's a thought. Power shower carnt wait to go back

Room Tip: Book for two nights
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Mahhmax,
Thank you for taking the time review your recent stay with us here at Bridgewood Manor. I am pleased that you had a great spa break and found the package to be great value for money.
Our new zip and Link beds are huge and I am pelased that you are looking forward to coming and staying in one again soon.
We look forward to welcoming you back

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Greek first
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

First thing I will say is customer care was next to none. I'm a very hard person to please, the reception manager Tye (I believe that's how it was spelt) nothing was too much he was amazing. Not only was he polite but when we asked for something his words were "no problem sir, we are here to serve. Full marks to this man. Spa facilities and pool were clean and lovely shame no jacuzzi however you can't expect everything. All in all this place is great I have been here for meetings and functions of sorts but never stayed until today and I will definitely return. One thing I would say is the rooms could do with a less 80s feel in terms of curtains and carpet but I'm not complaining as it was clean and spacious with lovely bathroom and what do you expect from a "manor"? A* to the staff and hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Kajdarby,
Thank you for your A* review of your recent break here at Bridgewood Manor Hotel.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your break and will be returning for another stay very soon. Ty will be really pleased that he made such a positive impact on your visit.
Maybe on your next visit you should try an upgrade to one of our Qstar rooms for a litte extra luxury and enjoyment.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Room was cold on arrival as you are not allowed heating during the afternoon, the headboard fell off the wall whilst my wife was resting after the journey narrowly missing her head, We had to be moved after the headboard was repaired with epoxy resin the smell making it impossible to stay in the room. We were moved to another disabled room we could not shower due to a cold room and the shower being stuck on scalding hot. We had to spend the next day away from our room whilst repairs were made. Finally on the last evening a new shower was installed. My wife and I are disabled and needed a place to rest during the day. We could not use the lounge due to refurbishment during the whole of our stay. We had to go to local cafes to rest during the torrential rain and hurricane force winds. Disabled parking was not observed meaning I had to set up my wife's wheelchair in the pouring rain on the furthest part of the car park. i found out when we checked that there were alternate disabled bays close to our room, no one told us of this as we struggled to get to our room. The struggle was mad worse by faults with the card keys one day we had to have them reset 5 times making us totally exhausted as the room was at the farthest end of the hotel. On the last day after many complaints I received an apology from the manager after I asked for the head office address. I have been given a complimentary two night stay for them to demonstrate their ability to provide service appropriate for a 4 star hotel. Little compensation for 4 nights of living hell that was our anniversary holiday.

Dear PetercV1995AC

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent break with us. I appreciate your feedback and also the time you spent discussing your feedback with me on more then one occasion throughout your stay. All of the issues that we discussed I can assure you that I have implemented action plans for and further team training as required.

During our conversation where I offered you compensation, I believed you was pleased with my offer, I am now disappointed to read that you feel this is of little compensation. Please feel free to contact me personally should you like to discuss this any further

Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I have just had a lovely weekend with friends. This is our second visit to this hotel and it still lived up to its very clean, friendly reputation. The value for money was exceptional, and the food in the restuarant was delicious. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, Natalie was on reception when we booked in and booked out, and she was delightful, doing all she could to welcome us. She is an asset to have on reception. We have stayed at 2 other hotels in the chain and not had anything to complain about at. We recommend you join the Breakaway club as the deals are very affordable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Terry S
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Terry S,

5 out of 5 ratings for cleanliness, service, sleep quality and value thank you for your fantastic review. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your food in our restaurant and that the team looked after you so well.

It's always a pleasure to welcome our Breakaway Club Members, and yes, you're right, it does offer superb deals at great prices.

I hope to welcome you again soon

Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just returned from a weekend break with husband and friends. Room was large, clean and very comfortable.We had dinner and breakfast for two nights, the food was delicious and the service very good. The pool, sauna and steam room, followed by a dip in the pool proved a very enjoyable way to spend a wet weekend. Didn't use the spar this time but have on a previous stay. The staff at this hotel are excellent and one in particular, Natalie on reception, went the extra mile to ensure our stay was perfect. I would highly recommend a stay here.

1 Thank b_holmes1
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear b_holmes1,

What a fantastic review, thank you so much. Natalie is over the moon to have her 'name in lights'. It's always nice to see guests returning for some well deserved down time with us.

I'm sorry I couldn't arrange the Winter Wonderland Weather this time around! Be sure to come back soon and check out our refurbishment.

All the best

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Bridgewood Manor Hotel has a cosy atmosphere with fireside bays that make you feel at home. The staff are very attentive and try to meet your every need. The restaurant had a more adventurous menu which was appreciated. The breakfast was excellent.

Dear Kathryn N,

Thank you for your fantastic review. It's great to see our Service, Location & Value rated as '5 dots'.

Chef will be really pleased with the comments about his menu's and it's lovely to know the cosy fires made you feel at home. Perhaps you'll take advantage of some of our cracking website offers so we can say 'Welcome Home' again in future.

See you soon

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Generally was impressed with the hotel staying for a 2 night stay in January. On the first night there was a comedy club which we were warned about but didn't hear any noise.

Breakfast was a good selection, the restaurant was very busy on Sunday morning.

My only gripe was the temperature of the bedrooms. Despite having a window open day and night the radiators were on full blast and made it too hot for sleeping. A fan had been provided but I also find this too noisy for decent sleep.

Good location for exploring Rochester, Chatham or further afield.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Barrie T, Hotel Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Wilsonh23,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you ranked our service and value at 5 out of 5 along with cleanliness, rooms and location at 4 out of 5.

I've taken on board your feedback about the heating in the rooms, and am working with my maintenance and housekeeping teams to re-check that the guest controls for the heating are full functional in every room.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next exploring the area

All the best

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!