“Very nice”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Braintree, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend and it was very nice. Room clean and comfy. Couldn't fault the service. The food was very good plenty of choice. As others have said spa could do with a re vamp in some areas. But overall a relaxing weekend

• Stayed November 2013
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear 40Ems,
Thank you for your review of your recent break with us, and your kind comments regarding the team here, we are all glad that you had an enjoyable stay. I hope that you will come and visit us again soon
Cluster General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
Southampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

My room was spacious and comfy. I upgraded which meant that everything in the minibar was included in the room rate, I think this was a good deal. I didn't eat dinner in the restaurant but breakfast was plentiful, tasty and the staff friendly and helpful even though I was after the normal breakfast rush. All the staff I encountered were excellent. I would and probably will return

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear KateM76, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your break with us and found your stay to be good value for money. I have great news that we are currently refurbishing the older bathrooms in the hotel along with the bedrooms and public areas so i hope that you will see the difference when you return. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here very recently as we visited the Chatham historic dockyard.
The hotel staff are very good and very helpful. The hotel itself is a little dated but everything does work. The breakfast we had was ok but not exceptional. I was hoping for a little better there.
One major gripe is the location. The hotel staff told us on the phone that we were close to chatham. Well the hotel is actually a little further away, virtually closer to Maidstone.
You will also find it hard to find on your sat-NAV.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mazio1973
AIHGeneralManager, General Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear MarioA,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at BrIdgewood Manor. I am pleased to inform you that refurbishment work has now begun in the hotel this week with the heating in our public areas, beds have been replaced recently, new soft furnishings for bedrooms being delivered next week, and a whole host of other work due to be completed in the hotel over the coming weeks. I am pleased that the team here looked after you well and i will discuss with Chef why the breakfast was not up to its usual high standards during your visit. I am sorry that the hotel location was not as you required our address is in Chatham with the Historic Dock Yard only 10 minutes by car away.
I hope that you will visit us again soon to see the improvements we are making to the hotel.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Nice hotel but the room service was a nightmare. First of all I got the wrong order and when I did get the right order it was missing the bottle of water that I'd requested. Although to be fair to the hotel I didn't have to pay for the room service in the end. Good leisure facilities though. Nice pool, steam room, gym, etc.... It was also easy to swap my room as the room I was originally given when I arrived in the room next door was a baby that was screaming the place down when I arrived.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ian B, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the room service experience fell some what short on this occasion this is certainly something that I will investigate with the team here as it is a very unusual occurrence. I hope that you did get a restful nights sleep when you settled into your room.
I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to redeem your faith in the service and quality we pride ourselves on here.
medway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon. A one night stay after a long wedding day. A beautiful peaceful night. We were initially concerned as there was a wedding on with all the booming disco music and spilling guests.. but once our room door was shut we could hear nothing. The bed was huge even in the standard room.. The water pressure was high in the shower.. All the things you hope for but often don't get.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear theworldwise,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased that we delivered in all of the areas that you were hoping for and had a great start to your honeymoon. I hope that you will come and stay again soon- -f or your anniversary perhaps?
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

What makes this hotel special is the people work in this hotel. Gentleman5 at the reception was so nice that arranged a birthday cake for us in a very short notice. Restaurant knew exactly what was happening that our table was ready for dinner breakfast and lunch, spa services was good. We felt like we got mor than what we paid for mainly because of the service they provide.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear OzanK, Thanks you for your wonderful review of Bridgewood Manor. I am so pleased the team here made such a memorable stay for you. Ensuring that special occasions are truly memorable are what the staff do so well here. I hope that you will visit us again very soon.
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I visited here at the weekend for a great value spa day booked on the internet. I was a bit wary after booking it due to the previously posted reviews but I can quite confidently say that we had a lovely experience.

We were warmly welcomed when we arrived and all of the services and facilities explained to us. We were able to check into our room even though we arrived a lot earlier than check in was. Then we checked into the spa and were greeted by another really helpful member of staff. Everyone we can into contact with were extremely polite and could not do enough to keep us happy.

The room was clean and quite good enough for a nights stay. We had lunch in the spa which was included in our package and that was lovely. There were free tea and coffee making facilities that we could help ourselves to in the spa area. Dinner was good and breakfast the next morning even better!

Would recommend this hotel even if it was purely based on experience of service- fantastic!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JoC,
Thank you for taking time to review your recent spa break with us. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable break with us and I really do hope to see you again in the near future for another relaxing break
Cluster General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Ashford International Hotel
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#3 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!