Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
$47
$48
$68
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,105 results
All reviewsspa breaklight lunchspa stafflovely spaleisure facilitiesrestaurant staffmy partnerwaiting staffsauna and steam roomplenty of choicewedding partyfunction roomfriday nightboth nightsbar areathe staff were friendly and helpfulevening meal
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Booked through last minute and for a Sunday/Monday stay, this came out at the best price.

We found all the staff we encountered (reception, cleaners, bar/restaurant and spa staff) to be genuinely attentive and pleasant.

The place seem to have been done up recently and looks a lot more modern than some of the pictures on-line.

The food really was wonderful. Flavoursome and very well presented.
We had the Sunday carvery and piled our plates with a ridiculous amount of food.

There are no negatives I can comment on. The pool and spa area is small but we knew this from doing out searches before hand. We also didn't sleep well, I find it hard to sleep anywhere other than home so no negative comments towards the hotel.

I would recommend asking for a room away from the lifts as you can hear the lift buzzing when used.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor and ask to be away from the lifts to avoid hearing them through the night if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear JB,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your spa break and that you managed to find one of our fantastic offers on line. I shall pass on your kind comments regarding the staff who will take heart with these. Glen our head chef is also very pleased with how much you enjoyed your meals and particularly our Sunday carvery - which is very popular.
I hope that you will return to the hotel again soon for another relaxing break

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here on business and recommended hotel to my business partner as I have stayed in several Q Hotels and found them excellent. However I did feel disappointed with this hotel. The room was ok, clean and comfortable but quite old fashioned compared to other Q Hotels. The restaurant was poor. We ordered scallops for £5.95 and were clearly given 1 scallop sliced into 3...expensive for that price! The main courses were not much better, my chicken breast dish must have come from the smallest chicken ever, was over cooked and dry and didnt have any of the sauce it was supposed to be served with. The chips were also obviously frozen. At approx £15 I found this unacceptable. My business partner had a fish dish and the amount of fish was less than I would expect on a childs portion, again priced around £15. The restaurant manager did refund our main courses but as we stayed at the hotel based on my recommendation, I felt very let down. Although I would stay at other Q Hotels again, I would not stay at this one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sianyfish,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Bridgewood Manor Hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the portion size of the meal that you were served. I have spoken to Glen our Head Chef regarding this who sends his apologies that your were disappointed with the meal. We do generally have very good feed back regarding the food at the hotel and I am disappointed that this was not your experience. As a gesture of good will I am pleased we refunded one of your meals, and I hope that you will return again in the future so we can restore restore your faith in us.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Overpriced, below average hotel. For the standard this hotel is, the price is not reasonable at all. I am not one to complain about prices as I don't mind paying a fair bit of money for a hotel, but not for a hotel which I would class as below average. The rooms were not at all up to the standard they should be for £165 for two, very dated and in need of being refurbished in my opinion. I have stayed in much better hotels for the same price or even less.

Spa area and swimming pool was way below average standard, wouldn't rate this being any better than my local leisure centre. In fact my local leisure centre is a lot better, which is saying something.

Would definitely not recommend or stay again at this hotel or any within the Q Hotels chain. Extremely disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha T

Dear Natasha T,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us here at Bridgewood Manor,
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the facilities and the room that you were allocated here. I have passed your comments on to our maintenance manager who is completing an internal refurbishment programmer to look at the room your were allocated as a matter of urgency. I am sorry that you did not bring the issues to my attention whilst you were staying with us where I would have endeavored to resolve your issues.
Again thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
Kind regards

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Firstly the good....the bar and restaurants were very nice and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful!

The room however was awful. Dated, dull and in need of attention, as is the swimming pool area!

We booked on a 'Romance' package at this hotel for £165 for one night, one of the incentives to book as per advertised on the q website was £10 voucher to use at the spa during our stay. We booked on the day of travel, got to the hotel and attempted to book a spa treatment, however the spa was fully booked for both the Saturday and Sunday, ultimately deeming our vouchers worthless.

The whole point of going to this hotel was to use its spa and receive treatment. I called the inept customer service department and spoke to a rude patronising 'customer services rep' called Jeanette and asked if we could transfer to another hotel in their chain, so that we could get the spa treatments we were planning, however this was far too much trouble for them to sort and was swiftly told that this booking was subject to no refund or transfers, despite room availability at their ashford international hotel nearby in Kent.

To not be offered a transfer to another hotel is ludicrous.

Disgusting, lazy customer service from Q hotels and I will not be booking with this chain again for business or leisure.

Simon Pettit

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Syepettit

Dear Syepttit,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Bridgewood Manor. I am very sorry at you were so disappointed with aspects of your stay. I have investigated all of the comments that you have raised with the team here and those who are not employed directly by the hotel but at our central bookings. I am sorry that you felt your room and our spa were in need of refurbishment, we do have an internal refurbishment program on going within the hotel which I am sorry that you were not allocated one of the refurbished bedrooms. Unfortunately our spa is very popular with day guests and residential customers alike and we do advise customers to book treatments in advance of their stay to ensure availability, am am sorry on the date of your booking and stay we were already fully booked.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff here at the hotel I shall ensure your kind comments are passed on to them and also your feed back regarding your enjoyment of our bar and restaurant.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here whilst away on business. Easy to get to, 5 minutes from the M20.
Room was ok, very clean and all amenities there - including decent TV with good reception & generous hostess tray, comfy bed etc. my only (small) niggle would be that the decoration in the room was slightly chintzy - but not offensive.
Bathroom was nice, modern fittings and fabulous water pressure in the shower.
I went for a swim when I arrived, pool area & changing rooms nice and clean, pool was tiny though and an odd 'L' shape which made swiming lengths a bit tricky. Sauna was good and hot.
I had my dinner from room service, quick delivery - only 20 minutes or so, I thought the food was really good, I had steak and ale pie and a creme brulee - both very nice and with 2 glasses of wine and the tray charge only came to just over £30 so fairly reasonable.
I would stay here again, whilst nothing to really write home about it was perfect for what I needed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear JONESH6,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Bridgewood Manor. The Hotel is located well just off of the M2 junction 3 and M20 junction 6 and I am glad that it was useful for your needs. I am pleased that you enjoyed all of the facilities within the hotel. We do have a planned internal refurbishment program for all of our bedrooms and have many which have recently been upgraded.
I am glad that you enjoyed your room service meal and that you found it to be value for money,
I hope that you will return to the hotel again soon.
Many thanks again for your review
Claire Johnson- Operations Manager