“Do not accept room 20”

Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chatham
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Room 20 is next to the motor room for the lift. Very noisy when lift in use particularly early morning, like having an alarm clock in the room constantly going off. Discussed with reception who knew what the problem was by us only stating we were in room 20. Disappointed that there were other rooms available on checking in but we had been allocated rooom 20 even though they knew the problem. However hotel very good, breakfast excellent, service excellent. We were given the option to move rooms, but we did not have time to sort this as we had a prior engagement at a wedding, and as the hotel was not full we hoped the use of the lift would be minimal.

Room Tip: not room 20
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear brenda b,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit here to Bridgewood Manor Hotel, Thank you for your kind comments regarding the food at breakfast and service within the hotel. I am sorry that you were disturbed by the noise from your bedroom. I am sorry that our reception team did not allocate a quiet room and that you did not have the time to change rooms. Ciara our Reception Manager sends her apologies regarding the disturbance and will retrain the team here when necessary.
I hope that this will not put you off from staying with us again
Kind regards
Claire Johnson- Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here last night, in room 204 (Q room upgrade) well worth the upgrade!! was in a very quiet part of the hotel, we didn't hear a thing all night!! Everything was perfect, the room, the staff, the spa... we also booked extra treatments whilst we were here as they was an offer on and I would defo recomment Rachel Street for the massage, she is very good. The food was again lovely, cannot fault a thing and look forward to returning again when we can.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Q room!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Zoe A,
Thank you for yet another glowing review of your recent spa break here at Bridgewood Manor. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your visits to the hotel and I hope that you will continue to return again in the future. Thank you for the kind comments regarding Rachel I shall insure she is rewarded for your praise. I am glad that you had the opportunity to book additional treatments to enhance you break, it is not often we have the late availability to do this.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon for another relaxation.
kind regards

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went to a 30th Birthday party held in one of the function rooms and stayed overnight. It was my first visit to this hotel. A very warm welcome on arrival and beautifully clean and comfortable room. The food at the party, prepared by the restaurant, was simply stunning.... in fact it was the talk of the evening! Breakfast the next morning was lovely with a wide choice to serve everyones tastes and needs. I really appreciated the quiet calm environment of the restaurant too. I will definitely be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Karen E,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Bridgewood Manor, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your event and that you were pleased with the food provided, I Shall ensure that your comments are passed on to the kitchen staff regarding the food and the event team who were serving your food. I am pleased that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and you enjoyed the plentiful choice at breakfast. - I hope that you did not leave the hotel hungry!. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future, we look forward to welcoming you back, Kind regards

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions over the past few years I have always recieved a warm and friendly welcome. The staff generally have been hospitable and attentive.
The breakfast is very good .
The location of the hotel is excellent

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear avoca70,
Thank you for taking the time to review your many visits to Bridgewood Manor over the last few years. I am so pleased that the team here make you feel welcome and you return to us so often. I am pleased that you enjoy our breakfast, I shall ensure your comments are passed to the whole team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.
Kind Regards - Claire Johnson- Operations Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went there just for one night on a girly break. We paid for the spa break for the Sunday through living social so made the night of it on the saturday. The hotel is lovely and the staff were great too. We had a few drinks when we checked in and then went for a nice swim and sauna before we went out for a bite to eat. We didn't eat in the restuarant as we were just happy going to a local pub, but the restuarant meals looked very nice. We had breakfast in the morning and the vareity was great, there was everthing you could think off. Overall we had a relaxing time in the hotel and in the spa.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Claire J, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Mickandrick,
Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent spa break here at Bridgewood Manor. I am so pleased that yourself and your friends had a wonderful time with us, and made use of all of the facilities we have available here at the hotel. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the staff and the hotel, we are really pleased that you enjoyed yourselves. I hope that you will return for another break again soon and experience dinner in our Restaurant this time also. I look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Checking in was painless, My room whilst being a twin with single beds was clean & tidy, felt a little tired. There isn't anything I can exactly put my finger on. Everything worked well- Trouser press, kettle TV etc. Shower was lacking in power. Room was just lacking that "je nais se quoi".
Wi-Fi was better this time, but I was closer to centre of the building.

The gym room was fine for a hotel.
Corridors were a bit chilly. But it was -7c outside. So maybe the heating was struggling a bit.

Breakfast was fine for 2 out of the 3 days I was there. The last day I came down to breakfast quite early. The bacon was dried up, scrambled eggs were a solid rubber lump. I kind of got the feeling it was the day befores breakfast reheated. Now i dont know if that iwas the case, but it looked like it. Not the fresh food I'd come to expect. And no large plates for full breakfast, eveyone has to use small plates or bowls.

Would I stay in this hotel again..I'm not sure. If the price was competitive enough- more than likely, but not at full rate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jondiver,
Thank you for your second review regarding your stay with us here at Bridgewood Manor, I am pleased that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay although am disappointed that you were now wowed by your experience with us here. I am sorry that you found our corridors to be chilly this has now been rectified with additional heaters having been installed in the public areas to keep the hotel cosy in the extreme cold temperatures we had experienced.
I have spoken to our Chef regarding the issues you experienced with breakfast on your last day, he sends his apologies and will retrain the staff member to ensure breakfast always meets our usual high standards.
I hope that we can welcome you back to Bridgewood Manor again soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed January 27, 2013

we arrived about 6ish for a travelzoo weekend break at the Bridgewood hotel to be greeted by a smiling Julie on reception who dealt with our booking and enquiries quickly,pleasantly and efficiently. Within 5 minutes we were in our spotlessly clean room having a cup of tea and reading our books. Bliss! We had a booking for dinner at 8.30 (made with Julie on arrival but included in our deal) and entered a calm restaurant where nothing was too much trouble and the staff were extremely attentive without being "in your face". We had a fantastic meal (goats cheese linguine- if i'd have known it was going to be that delicious I wouldn't have had a starter so that I could eat it all!)
Despite the cold wintery conditions outside we were warm and cosy. The bed was comfortable and the quilt was a superior quality which was warm but not heavy.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful and the choice was suitable for any age or preference. Full english, cereal, fresh fruit, toast and conserves, pastries and much more.
We stayed for 2 nights and felt thoroughly refreshed after our stay - just what we needed.
We do not usually go away to hotels as we are caravan owners and like to "get away" from the hustle and bustle of busy destinations but our experience in this hotel means we will definately use Q Hotels again.
Well done to a very proffessional team.
We didn't actually use the spa facilities as we went sight seeing so I haven't rated them.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MandPW,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your recent stay with us here at Bridgewood Manor. I am so pleased that the team and Julie in particular have made such a lasting impression on you, and that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments are passed on to the whole team here who im sure will teak heart with these.
I hope that you will return to us here at Bridgewood Manor or to Q Hotels again soon so hopefully you can make use of the leisure and spa facilities we have on offer here also.
Kind Regards
Claire Johnson- Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Holiday Inn Rochester-Chatham
#8 of 17 in Maidstone
Ship & Trades
Ship & Trades
#6 of 6 in Chatham

Been to Bridgewood Manor - QHotels? Share your experiences!