“Eat here but drink elsewhere”
Review of Chimichanga

Chimichanga
Ranked #25 of 130 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rainham, United Kingdom
“Eat here but drink elsewhere”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I go here on average once every six months and find the food to be excellent, although portion size seems to have shrunk lately. There were times early on when I struggled to eat everything on the plate and I'm a big eater, but nowadays, I have no problem clearing everything and have room for more, although at the prices they charge for desserts, I hold back and get a coffee and cake at home.

We generally only go on Sunday lunchtimes or Bank Holidays so my review is based on those times only. Invariably it's mostly empty and we can pick where we sit, and the booths over by the large windows offer a chance to watch the world go by.

The not-very-authentic Eastern European staff are friendly and diligent, although sometimes it's hard to understand what they're saying.

The one thing that does make me suck air through my teeth though is the price of drinks. They don't have draught beers (contrary to their website), so one is forced to pay over the odds for 330ml bottles of overpriced lager (no cider or ales available) or go non-alcoholic which is what I generally do. They do wine, sangria and cocktails but these are pricy too.

Having said that, I do consider £3.95 for a 1 litre bottle of still water to be outright daylight robbery, especially since said bottle is always room temperature. They happily provide ice cubes upon request, but what kind fo restaurant cannot supply cold bottles of water? I'm tempted to ask for tap water instead, but my pride as yet does not allow me to do this.

Having re-read my post, it sounds like I have a downer on the place, which isn't true. Whenever we're at the Dockside and my stomach rumbles, I do start to drag the wife in the direction of Chimichanga, but let's just say we would probably go more often if the prices of drinks were a little more akin to the general area. And it's still a country-mile better than any of the other "restaurants" at the Dockside especially <shudders> Pizza Hut.

• Visited December 2012

Kent, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service and Good Food”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We visited here for my Dad's 75th Birthday on 14th January in the evening. We have visited this restaurant many times before and always been very happy with our experience. On arrival we were seated on a long table by the door. The restaurant was freezing and I asked if the heating was on to which the waitress advised it was, and she had been there since 2pm and had been freezing all day. She was very attentive and offered to move us away from the door to the back of the restaurant which we did. However, it was still cold. The food was good and served hot. We ate our food and left promptly as all of the party were cold. This did ruin our evening and I will think again before going there in the evening in winter.

• Visited January 2013
“Good service, above average food.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Service was promt, helpful and attentive throughout. Food was above average for a chain restaurant with healthy size portions. Cost was reasonable for what was served.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Review of Restaurant”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have visited this restaurant several times, it is a great place to eat with a variety of foods Burgers, Wraps Steaks and more with an excellent service ignore the bad reviews try it for yourself its pretty good!

• Visited November 2012
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Poor Quality food and service”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The title says it all. Took for ages to get my order off and then the chilli that came were not to a very good standard. For that price you can get better elsewhere.