“Great value lunchtime deal.”
Review of The Cuban

The Cuban
Ranked #219 of 380 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Cuban Culture is Simple...Great food, fabulous cocktails and of course good company.Our highly skilled mixologists create extraordinary cocktails using the finest premium spirits and the freshest ingredients, all finished with that extra touch of flair. Specialising in Mojito's & Daquiri's, we offer a taste of Cuba on your doorstep.The Cuban Restaurant is a bustling restaurant with a large selection of Tapas, Cuban style sandwiches and grilled meat dishes. Vegetarian, Nut & Gluten free dishes are also available. The Cuban Bar specialises in exciting cocktails and we hold a selection of rums from The Caribbean & Latin America, fine champagnes, premium spirits and Cuban cigars. We offer private tables with bottle serve options after dark.The Cuban also has private functions areas and rooms if you want to celebrate or hold a special event.Overflowing with atmosphere and latin spirit, The Cuban hosts regular Salsa dancing and resident DJ's providing the ultimate setting for any event.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Having been here in the past with my husband, I thought I would try out the lunchtime deal whilst on a solo shopping trip. The paella and a glass of wine for £7 was too good to resist and it really was a great deal! The paella included lots of chicken, king prawns, mussels and chorizo and was very tasty. I didn't feel uncomfortable eating on my own as the the staff made me feel especially welcome.
Looks like I will just have to go shopping in Canterbury again!!!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

best meal i've had in a while. Not been here for years but the new owners have really made an effort. so much great food to choose from. lovely staff and really good value for money. The place has a real good feel to it now. PS love the music, makes you want to party at lunch time.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Having read the reviews after purchasing the groupon deal I wasn't sure I should even redeem it. On entering a near deserted bar my fears grew as we entered the lift up to the first floor. However within minutes the gorgeous Romanian waitress met us with a smile and that positive happy vibe set the tone for a lovely evening. The restaurant has the feel of the warehouse that it once was Tastefully and subtly decorated. There was pleasant authentic background music and a very nice busy dining area. Having signed up for the newsletter prior to going we were handed our free mohito's. Very comfy chairs added to the general ambience. The food was served hot and promptly. We were not cajoled or harassed into buying anything other than the basic groupon deal. The starter was very nice. The paella was large enough for two of us. All in all I would highly recommend the deal and will go back for more. The staff are very friendly and not pushy, food is okay, music fine. All in all good value for money I can only think that the previous visitors went on an off night.

2  Thank TheJohnRyan
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently visited The Cuban to have lunch, we decided to have a selection of tapas (all of which was absolutely wonderful). The staff were very kind and helpful, answering the questions we had about the different dishes. I will definitely we recommending it to any friends visiting Canterbury.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Excellent Tapas, and my steak was perfect! We often have cocktails at the mandarin bar knitsbridge but have to say Cubans beat it hands down. I even ordered a whiskey sour to complain they don't use egg white, to my surprise the experienced bartender cracked an egg!
Food & cocktails perfect!