“Good things come in small dishes!”
Review of Cafe Mauresque

Cafe Mauresque
Ranked #13 of 379 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Moroccan, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Mauresque is an atmospheric Andalucian/North African Oasis located in the heart of the historic City of Canterbury. A restaurant for food lovers!
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Went here recently with my mother. Decided to order off the tapas menu. Initially thought we were going to leave hungry however the dishes are amazingly tasty and filling. Additionally we ordered a few extra dishes that came out very promptly. All round great food and service, would definitely recommend!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Down stairs is very cosy with a great feel. We were an 8 and had to stay on ground level. The food is very nice, westernised Moroccan and Spanish food. All the dishes were well cooked and flavoursome. We had 4 dishes, each for two people, which are supposed to be bigger than the individual portions. I know I can eat, but I could have easily finished off a single two person portion on my own.

I would recommend this place to people because of the setting downstairs and the flavour of the food, just adjust what you order for your appetite.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

A perfect setting for a romantic dinner. The décor is wonderful with that combination of North African-Spanish fusion.

Our food was fantastic and consisted of Lamb Shanks tagine with aubergines, dates and ras el hanout. The shanks were so tender and fell of the bone with very little fat. The “Royale” Lamb And Chicken Brochette, Merguez Sausages tasted incredible. I would question the size of the chicken brioche as being a little on the small size.

This is a wonderful restaurant and our starters and main courses were cooked to perfection. We would most certainly eat here again.

1  Thank KateTravels_11
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights in Canterbury and this was the best we found. Naturally we searched trip advisor before going, so this is the best of the best.
Don't be put off by the small entrance and small seating area. There is a great big themed restaurant downstairs. A great mix of Spanish and Moroccan.
Make sure you get a jar of the preserved lemons for your own tagine dishes at home.
Great food, great service and a great night.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Loved this cosy little restaurant. Simply delicious tapas for starters followed by couscous and chicken and vegetable tangine. Great ice cream flavours that you can add toppings to and make a sundae. Left with a jar of perserved lemons to add to my own tangine. Really friendly staff and a lovely relaxing place.